Weapons visible while holstered/sheathed

• Was replaying The Seabound Soul and noticed that Pendragon has his sword on his hip. Was thinking it would be cool if our weapons could be displayed like that when not using them i.e sword on left hip, pistol on right, eye of reach and blunderbuss slung over the shoulder.

We already pull them from the ether in those locations, and it would be nice to show off weapons that we've earned without having to attack :P also would be nice from a roleplay standpoint

Views
  • @jaffa-kree6132 Ever since Season One we have had more than plenty of Weapon Pose emotes that you can show off to your friends or other crews with the weapon on great, stylish display. Consider purchasing some for Ancient Coins on the Pirate Emporium!

• @jaffa-kree6132 Rare has said the reason they don't do this is because it's too difficult with that large variety of body types, same reason we can't have parrots on our shoulders or the likes.

I think it's a weak arguement when they can make clothing fit on every body type, but that's their stance so far.

• @mferr11 That clothing is often stretched or pinched though rather than fitted, and IMO, looks terrible as a result. It's just another reason why you don’t see pirates of unusual size very often.

So, I think Rare's decision in this case is a good 1, especially now that we have a multitude of weapon emotes to choose from (though a standard set of free weapon emotes might have been nice).

Views
1 out of 4