Towns and military

• Cities or at least one city could make the world feel more alive. A city that you can visit to do missions and visit taverns to form crews.

There could also be cities controlled by the military, which you could sneak into disguised to perform missions in.

Military ships from the cities can move across the sea as new enemies.

Views
    communityfeedbackstory & lore
  • Cities don't really fit into the lore of Sea of Thieves. It's not a place where people moved to en masse. All the cities and big towns exist outside the shroud. The Sea of Thieves is really a place for adventurers and for those seeking fortune to bring/send home, where their gold would be more valuable.

• I think it would be great to have a larger more populated outpost that you could besiege and pillage.

Maybe even be able to take it over and use it as your own stronghold until another crew comes over and takes it from you.

• @alienmagi Like a skeleton fort? Except for pirates?
    @M-Hansson Sounds cool, but doesn't really fit the theme of the game.

• This isn't Black Flags....

• I think it would be cool to have an event on the outposts.

Like imagine if an ashen lord or skeletons took over an outpost. It would function just like an ashen lord or skeleton fort encounter, but at the outpost.

The outpost would be unable to provide any services until either it was cleared out or new world events are refreshed.

They could just make the NPCs disappear or have the buildings locked up during the event. It might be wonky to have the reappear when it is finished but it would be a different type of encounter.

Players could come to help or hinder like usual.

• could be like a medival town, with the milatary as the redcoats?

• I don't think half the replies here realise just how remote and dangerous the Sea of Thieves archipelago is and how difficult it would be to construct a large settlement there.

Outposts are about as populated as it would get... a village, which is smaller than a town and has 500-2500 inhabitants would even be unlikely, never mind a city.

This is somewhere the GMU have failed to infiltrate in any great numbers - their fleets held back by the Devil's Shroud. The only sign of them is their supposed connection to the Emporium.

Point being that journeying to the Sea of Thieves is not easy and it's not somewhere people go to live in an organised society that a city would require... it's a place pirates and adventurers go to find freedom and riches, and answer to no-one.

• @mr-whaletoes when taking it over yes, but also having an island to defend in a PVP scenario and maybe getting some benefits while having it occupied. Just an idea.

• @alienmagi That can be done with forts (well, any island actually) and reapers' bounty/chest to get people to come. The only thing lacking is the passive benefit (besides kegs, treasure, and supplies restocking)... but it still feels a bit repetitive to me. Perhaps there is a different way for a similar feature to be implemented?

• @mr-whaletoes i feel like reaper chests arent really enough of an incentive to get people to come, also you cant put your ship in a safe place while on an island without sacrificing your spawn point right now.

Im sure theres even better ideas out there.

• Maybe not in the main map, but if we could have some sort of pirate town/hub where other crews could meet it would be nice, maybe use the portals to get there. The town in thirt Pirates Life tall tale is perfect example of how well a town can be pulled off in this game.

Views
communityfeedbackstory & lore
1 out of 12