Load Times (Xbox Series X)

• I played SoT on a Xbox One X for a long time but after seeing how quickly it loaded on a Xbox Series X, I recently upgraded to a Xbox Series S.

Problem is, now I’m getting good load times on the Series S, it would appear the load times on our Series X are probably as slow as what the One X was.

Has anyone else experience a slowdown on the Series X? Does anyone have any suggestions to help speed it back up? Both consoles are on the same network so I know it’s not an issue with the network connection and the game is installed on the internal hard drive so that shouldn’t affect it either.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

Views
  • @boom3r-boy ahoy matey!
    I regularly sail with people on a Series X and I have a Series S. We have exactly the same load times!

• @sshteeve yeah we did until about two weeks back and the Series X has slowed right down. Can’t figure out why.

• How long loading times are talking about?
    30s difference? 1min difference? 2min difference? or more?

• @zerrryy said in Load Times (Xbox Series X):

How long loading times are talking about?
    30s difference? 1min difference? 2min difference? or more?

Anything up to 90 seconds difference. (Roughly 2 minutes from lobby to spawn). My S (and the X) normally take between 22 and 30 seconds max.

• @boom3r-boy Try to clear the cache on xbox x, sometimes files left behind from deleted games can slow it down.

• I've not personally had any load time issues with my own Series X. Loads up nearly as fast (or even sometimes faster!) than my PC. So fair chance it's just a cache or even memory issue internal to that unit somewhere. Definitely worth looking in to. And if you figure it out, please let us know!

• @aerotsune said in Load Times (Xbox Series X):

I've not personally had any load time issues with my own Series X. Loads up nearly as fast (or even sometimes faster!) than my PC. So fair chance it's just a cache or even memory issue internal to that unit somewhere. Definitely worth looking in to. And if you figure it out, please let us know!

So freed up space on the internal drive, power cycled the system and cleared the cache and it’s achieved nothing :/ first test it took 3 minutes 46 seconds from lobby to outpost. Second attempt took 58 seconds which is better but still not the 22 to 30 seconds we’re used to. I can’t think of anything else to check.

• Anyone got any other ideas?

• @boom3r-boy

What's your internet speed? Could that have changed?

Wifi or Lan cable? I don't think it's the hardware or this issue would be more wode spread

• @glannigan said in Load Times (Xbox Series X):

@boom3r-boy

What's your internet speed? Could that have changed?

Wifi or Lan cable? I don't think it's the hardware or this issue would be more wode spread

The Series X is cable and the Series S is Wi-Fi. If it was Internet related, I’d expect to see an issue with the S as well but no change there at all.

Views
1 out of 11