"Variant" emotes

• I have a question... do the emotes you buy in the emporium that have a free counterpart (Like the sea dog emote set- sea dog wave/normal wave, sea dog make friends/make friends) count as those emotes for commendation and/or event purposes? For example, if you used the Jack Sparrow Make friends emote, would you get the achievement for using the make friends emote on another pirate?

Views
  • I would definitely recommend using the default emote for the commendations and achievements. I've never tried using the alternative/new emotes for some of those challenges. But just to be safe, when you finally find a peaceful crew to achievement hunt with, I would use the free original ones.

• I can guarantee you they do not work.

• Yea, this is an area where they should really consider going back and allotting the variants to the things that use the originals. We are meant to be customized pirates, yet for some of these tasks where we have an assortment of options only one of them functions properly. Has been an annoying oversight that has existed now for quite some time.

• @redeyesith said in "Variant" emotes:

Yea, this is an area where they should really consider going back and allotting the variants to the things that use the originals. We are meant to be customized pirates, yet for some of these tasks where we have an assortment of options only one of them functions properly. Has been an annoying oversight that has existed now for quite some time.

They did do this for the Thrones and the various sit emotes once upon a time, but some of them are broken again or they didn't update the list as they added new ones after that update.

• @d3adst1ck yep, it just ends up making things confusing. I don't know if it would be an option, but maybe they could make buckets for each of the emote types (dance, sit, sleep, etc), add appropriate Emotes to those, and then have actions call those buckets when needed so that any Emote of that type would register. I know in some types of coding that can be done, just not sure if it is an option here. Seems like it would reduce the issue though.

• Oh, sorry everyone, I hadn't been checking the replies to this :P Thanks for the replies though!

• @mr-whaletoes

A clarification, keep the defaults on wheel for achievements/commendations/dailies.

There was an update to "sitting" for the various thrones but may not be completely up to date.

I'd expect "make friends" to be the same.

Views
7 out of 8