Add Davy Jones to the world events

• Even before pirates life came out when i saw the trailer with the huge davy jones cloud i thought he was gonna be an epic world event where u fight his ship.

That would be so much more amazing than just fighting him one time in a tall tale and then never again.

Views
  • I agree. Fighting the Dutchman could be way more interesting and a fun challenge. Especially with the “Triple Guns” on the front.

• +1 some event where the flying dutchman exists as a massively overpowered skeleton ship (with ocean crawler enemies too) would be insane.

• @wsurftvveeds

That'd be great, I'd love it if it brought all the ships on the server into a community event to try and take him down, either because it was so over powered or with some incentive to work together ☠️

• They have to explain how DJ got out of jail tho...

• @burnbacon they have to explain that every time you restart the tall tale. Same with flameheart existing as a world event before you complete the tall tale.

• I think it was nice as a side story, but integrating this stuff into the main events is just going to make this game more Disney than Rare.

It's likely also a licensing issue.

• @wsurftvveeds said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

@burnbacon they have to explain that every time you restart the tall tale. Same with flameheart existing as a world event before you complete the tall tale.

Not really. The way time works in online environments is weird because you need to present all portions of a story at the same time to different players. Flameheart is both simultaneously imprisoned and also unleashing his fleets as a giant cloud at the same time for different players based on where they are in the storyline but the last time point is still Flameheart and his fleets until they add the next piece.

For Davy Jones' story he comes to SoT, joins/creates the Dark Brethren, gets defeated in Tale 5 and imprisoned. The story needs to explain why/how he gets out after that if he appears again.

• @d3adst1ck said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

Not really. The way time works in online environments is weird because you need to present all portions of a story at the same time to different players

Exactly, so timeline wise, this could be while the tall tales are going on (after tt4 but before tt5)...

• @wsurftvveeds They've never inserted into the timeline though, always at the end to advance the story (and I don't consider the Maiden Voyage as part of the storyline - it's an intro tutorial that was added later when they had appropriate systems in place).

Not saying they never would, but it's highly doubtful.

• @wsurftvveeds said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

@burnbacon they have to explain that every time you restart the tall tale. Same with flameheart existing as a world event before you complete the tall tale.

They don’t. That all lorewise occurs only one time. Everything we encounter occurs only one time in terms of lore but from a gameplay perspective there is a loop that has to repeat for the game to flow. A good way to think of it is that since launch, in sea of thieves lore time, all the events we’ve experienced from Hungering Deep to now Sunken kingdom, have all occurred within a month or two from our pirates perspective instead of three years as it is in real life. Davy Jones has been banished by the Ferryman so an explanation would be necessary for how he is out and on the seas. I would totally love to see this as an event.

• It would be nice to have some content that legitimately takes a fleet or 3-4 ships to beat it.

Then we can all fight and kill each other at the end.

• So just Cursed Sails all over again? :P

• @glannigan said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

It would be nice to have some content that legitimately takes a fleet or 3-4 ships to beat it.

Then we can all fight and kill each other at the end.

The problem with stuff like this is it ends up becoming unusable content after awhile. Players complete whatever commendations are attached within the first couple of weeks and then stop doing it. The farther you get from the release date, the less likely you are going to be able to find 3 other crews willing to help you with this. For example, try to get a crew to help you hit all the multi-crew Skeleton Thrones. Unless you find another crew that doesn't already have them and knows what they are, good luck. Glitterbeard is the same thing.

A similar thing happened with the Megalodon event, where crews who had already killed it actually ended up actively trying to kill/prevent other crews from doing it.

I'd much rather have something that I only need to rely on my crew to complete, because then it becomes more repeatable.

• I would rather they import the Siren Mega-Statues in some manner. They're a really interesting asset that I wish would get revisited.

• @aerotsune said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

So just Cursed Sails all over again? :P

Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you guys could think of someway to make it unique.

• @mferr11 said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

@aerotsune said in Add Davy Jones to the world events:

So just Cursed Sails all over again? :P

Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure you guys could think of someway to make it unique.

GMU, perhaps? 😁

Views
1 out of 17