Sea dog pirate legend weapons

• Can rare please make the legendary weapons attainable to pirate legends so we don’t have to do sea dogs Becasue first of all sea dogs is dead now and it’s impossible to find a game so why can’t they bring those weapons over or just like change the requirements for them like you have to get a 1000 kills with each weapon in adventure I can’t be the only one that wants this changed please rare change the requirements for these pirate legend weapons so everyone can obtain them and have a chance Because the arena is dead

Views
  • @biggreendayfan I don’t mind if this happens or not… but I think Rare need to steer away from kill count commendations.

It was one the reasons behind the downfall of arena. With people spawn camping to grind, rather than trying to win the match.

• @biggreendayfan said in Sea dog pirate legend weapons:

Becasue first of all sea dogs is dead now and it’s impossible to find a game

It is pretty easy to find a game for sloop arena. Still play a few games once in a few days.

Can rare please make the legendary weapons attainable to pirate legends so we don’t have to do sea dogs

That would be unfair to those that actualy grinded the 240 wins in arena, and is not going to happen.

• @mostexpendable said in Sea dog pirate legend weapons:

@biggreendayfan I don’t mind if this happens or not… but I think Rare need to steer away from kill count commendations.

It was one the reasons behind the downfall of arena. With people spawn camping to grind, rather than trying to win the match.

Agreed. While I think kill count commendations are kinda cool, they don't work in games like this where there's little redemption unlike games like TF2. Sunk ships would reduce reasons to spawncamp and rewarding PvP more, but it needs to be made clear that it's player ships and how you know it'll count as YOUR sink, not just "they scuttled at the end of the session after you hit them with 3 cannonballs" and grants you the progress unintentionally.

• @gallerine5582 hey, if someone scuttles during a fight, that’s a sink in my book.

• 240 wins isn’t unattainable. It’s just really long and hard. Along with fishing, it’s one of the hardest and longest grinds in the game. However, with a good crew, it’s nothing more than a time investment. The triumphant weapons can be painful, but you have at least 240 games ahead of you if you want them.

And just play sloop if you can’t get a game. Galleons take forever and sometimes don’t even start.

• Not a fan, you should have to enter the grind like everyone else. I'm working my way through myself so I'm not speaking from a standpoint of being done with the grind.

• The point of the Legendary Weapons is to show that you've won 240 matches, if it became tied to anything else then it would lose it's value

• Last thing I wanna see is LSD or Legendary Hunter handed out like generic candy on Halloween

Very little significance left in the game when it comes to accomplishment it would be nice to hold on to something for people that appreciate a true grind

• They don't need to adjust LSD, they need to adjust how MM works and start a match as long as two crews are ready to avoid lobby waits being ridiculously long.

Of course this will never happen as Arena is done being updated. Shoot, the chest beacon still hasn't been fixed and it's been about a year.

• @wolfmanbush said in Sea dog pirate legend weapons:

Last thing I wanna see is LSD or Legendary Hunter handed out like generic candy on Halloween

Very little significance left in the game when it comes to accomplishment it would be nice to hold on to something for people that appreciate a true grind

Bringing these to adventure to be obtainable without the reliance on a sort of dying game mode is honestly the real mental and programming knowledge challenge for a lot of folks that just do not like the current state of Arena. We already have enough gatekeeping to time limited event cosmetics, I don't think a cosmetic that's always meant to be earned somehow needs to stay a certain way, seeing that the cursed iron commendations recently got updated to include the new phantoms as a part of its inclusion into the game. It's not too foreign of an idea to implement better way to earn the remainder of the legendary cosmetics that come from arena into adventure as an alternative should playing arena be a hopeless endeavor. That being said, a certain type of PvP that can occur in Adventure could be a basis of being an alternative commendation, not necessarily ships sunk, since it's easily exploitable in an alliance, but surely, some additional ideas could be introduced.

• @nex-stargaze said in Sea dog pirate legend weapons:

@wolfmanbush said in Sea dog pirate legend weapons:

Last thing I wanna see is LSD or Legendary Hunter handed out like generic candy on Halloween

Bringing these to adventure to be obtainable without the reliance on a sort of dying game mode is honestly the real mental and programming knowledge challenge for a lot of folks that just do not like the current state of Arena. We already have enough gatekeeping to time limited event cosmetics, I don't think a cosmetic that's always meant to be earned somehow needs to stay a certain way, seeing that the cursed iron commendations recently got updated to include the new phantoms as a part of its inclusion into the game. It's not too foreign of an idea to implement better way to earn the remainder of the legendary cosmetics that come from arena into adventure as an alternative should playing arena be a hopeless endeavor. That being said, a certain type of PvP that can occur in Adventure could be a basis of being an alternative commendation, not necessarily ships sunk, since it's easily exploitable in an alliance, but surely, some additional ideas could be introduced.

As long as the title/commendation can still be earned it doesn't need to be moved over at all.

If they do anything they should get rid of it completely and move on from it and whoever got it got it

Give a 60 day warning for those that are close enough to pull it off then close up shop if they were going to do anything about it

Adventure mode people aren't entitled to it and those that don't wanna grind out arena aren't entitled to it.

Any one of us could go grind it out right now if we want it.

we also don't need a flood of LSD/cosmetics that get destroyed easily in combat like Pirate Legends do.

• @mostexpendable well yes DURING a fight, but if its after an escape or something much much later why SHOULD it count?

Views
1 out of 13