Windows 11 - Xbox Store app "Join Game" friends list

• I've upgraded to Windows 11 to test a couple of things. The integration of Xbox app is different then on Windows 10, which is fine. After downloading the Windows Xbox App from the Windows store, then finding your friend playing SoT, right clicking and then "Join Game" does start up SoT, after the initial logo's at startup, it asks you if I want to join the game, but after saying yes, it just puts me to the "Start Game" screen.

Similar issue if game is already started, it just stays at the screen I already was at when clicking yes to join the game.

I am running the Steam version btw.

Views
  • You may have jumped on Windows 11 a bit too early. Not surprising that there are issues, especially for those on AMD Ryzen CPUs (Link to article on The Verge). I've heard others are having issues with some APIs being broken. Personally, I'll be giving it 6 months to a year before upgrading. I know its features are tempting but there's no rush when Windows 10 will be supported until October 2025.

• I got a notification yesterday that Windows 11 is really not that into me or my computer.

The first cut is the deepest but this rejection hurt too

I didn't even inquire about our compatibility

• @realstyli said in Windows 11 - Xbox Store app "Join Game" friends list:

You may have jumped on Windows 11 a bit too early. Not surprising that there are issues, especially for those on AMD Ryzen CPUs (Link to article on The Verge). I've heard others are having issues with some APIs being broken. Personally, I'll be giving it 6 months to a year before upgrading. I know its features are tempting but there's no rush when Windows 10 will be supported until October 2025.

Aye, not complaining here, just notifying, so people know there is issues. I'm a sysadmin and I like to be an early adopter for things, also testing out stuff for work meanwhile :D. Game runs fine on my pc, no difference between win10 and 11 performance wise. But I'm on Intel.

Just logged in, looks like the experience is back to what it was Xbox wise, and I could join a friends game without issue!

• @deceasz Ahoy matey!

That is an odd one. I know the Support Team are very interested in hearing Windows 11 specific bugs and issues. So if you could please submit a support ticket so the team can be made aware.

Many thanks!

Contact Support

• @musicmee said in Windows 11 - Xbox Store app "Join Game" friends list:

@deceasz Ahoy matey!

That is an odd one. I know the Support Team are very interested in hearing Windows 11 specific bugs and issues. So if you could please submit a support ticket so the team can be made aware.

Many thanks!

Contact Support

They need to add a Windows 11 option on that support page!

Views
4 out of 6