Damage Output

• we seriously need a damage output increase…we are so underpowered against EVERYTHING its crazy…maybe increase damage output? some kind of power up? maybe add abilites to cosmetics? i.e. ghost hat gives you +2 attack, outifits could give overall increases i.e. repear outfit gives +2 attack +speed +2 health…nothing crazy just a little increase

Views
  • Part of the unique thing about SoT is that everyone is on an even playing field. Noone gets advantages over anyone else based on game progression, only by how skilled they are.

It's a valid opinion though that against PvE, things can be a bit too bullet spongey, which I agree with to some extent (such as the first GH fight in TT9). That's probably a better focus for this feedback imo.

• this would be against pve as well

• I should have mentioned this is only for PVE…not against other pirates

• Have you examined how you are fighting whatever you are having trouble with and tried doing somthing differently?

• And here I thought PvE was pretty easy on a sloop.

• @madfrito99 Adding stats to cosmetics actually creates imbalance, and limits preferences.

• we are so underpowered against EVERYTHING its crazy

Explain. Are you dying to certain things to often? Could it be just...you?

• i love all everybodys response is maybe the issue is me lol so no one else gets overwhelmed by sea creatures, phantoms, and skeletons all spswning at the same time? takes three hits for phantoms, 6 for the skeletons, and like 10 for the sea creatures. that equates to being underpowered all over the place. @galactic-geek i 100% disagree with you. why would it cause a inbalance? its only against enemies not other pirates so why even care?

• @madfrito99 the Health things have actually contextually scales presently when talking about the basic mobs. Voyages (and their level) impact this a lot. The baseline is not that tough, baseline being not being on a Voyage and just getting ambient spawns:

Skeletons = 2 Sword Swipes

Captains = Estimated at maybe 15 Sword Swipes (not fully sure here, I just know I bash them up a bit and takes a few combos)

Eels = 2 Pistol Shots when they are charging their ranged attack

Clams = 3 Pistol Shots

Crabs = 3 Sword Lunges (I prefer to do the leaping variety to keep me out of their AoE smash)

Sirens = 3 Pistol Shots (if I recall, I rarely get them to spawn, but they are similar in Health to Sharks)

Siren Leader = Not sure, only killed one so far actually and it was with a Trident and that was 1 or 2 fully charged shots

Phantoms = 4 Sword Swipes

I know this cause I do a lot of solo Slooping and tend to do the island hop and Message in Bottle style when doing that (though recently I have also been running Vault Voyages to nab extra as I go which has upped Health on the Mobs a little I think, but honestly not even by that much and I'm rank 75 in GH).

The mobs are really not terrible until you start adding Voyage bumps in. I forget if Crew Size also impacts this at all, it might, been a bit since I've taken the time to pay attention. Bosses, on the other hand, are damage sponges for sure, and while I would love a different approach on that (such as phased fights where the Boss changes tactics and gets more deadly as it goes as opposed to obscene Health only), it makes sense with the general setup they have shot for.

So, can't say I agree on this. Damage Output seems fine to me. I also really dislike the idea of statted Cosmetics, even if it is only for PvE, as this becomes an influence on what Pirates decide to wear and when, and I am not a fan of that. Let me wear what I like because I like the look, not because I feel a need to wear it to not intentionally handicap myself against PvE threats if I wear the wrong kit. That will reduce variety very fast and make the world more boring.

• @redeyesith here is your flaw…most people are doing voyages hence always being underpowered

• @madfrito99 no, as you'll note, I mentioned I do Voyages, in particularly as of late. It is still not a problem. I was just providing you with the actual baseline, which your numbers clearly were not and so are not applicable across all Voyage levels (they pertain to where you are at now in the Faction you are focused in). It was a better place to have the discussion from. If anything, Damage Output increases are not needed, potentially nerfing the scaling could be in order, but if we up it at the baseline things would be 1 hit kills basically and that is not great either. Because you'll find, a lot of people don't Voyage all the time because once you cap things out it is just as profitable to island hop and attack other Pirates, in fact faster because the PvE mobs are weaker by not Voyaging and loot is abundant.

• @madfrito99 Even with the higher toughness of skeletons [and only skeletons - no other enemy scales by voyage, only ship size - and those are reserved for the bigger enemies such as the meg, kraken, and skelly ships; most other enemies, including ghost ships, sharks, snakes, phantoms, and ocean crawlers are static) during voyages, they're relatively easy to counter once you gain the knowledge of how to fight them - and at the highest voyage levels, they're still only a maximum of 6 hits, or 2 sword combos for regular skeletons.

Some examples:
    Blow them up with a keg.
    Hit them with cannonballs.
    Burn them with firebombs.
    Corral them so you can hit more than 1.
    Bait them into a chokepoint.
    Start an aggro tug of war with crewmate.
    Flank them in a sword fury with crewmate.
    Catch them in a crossfire with a crewmate.
    Use 1 for cover against another.
    Lure them to water's edge where you can snipe them with an ammo crate.

There - I just gave you 10 solutions to make fighting them easier.

• @madfrito99 said in Damage Output:

we seriously need a damage output increase…we are so underpowered against EVERYTHING its crazy…maybe increase damage output? some kind of power up? maybe add abilites to cosmetics? i.e. ghost hat gives you +2 attack, outifits could give overall increases i.e. repear outfit gives +2 attack +speed +2 health…nothing crazy just a little increase

Learn to use the tridents and amass them before doing PvE. It's not in the vision of this game to ever be RPG like. At the very most they might add more weapons that are obtained per session to assist with PvE.

There's also the Ashen Winds Skull.

Views
13 out of 14