I keep getting attacked during a Skeleton Fort. Any way to prevent this?

• Hi there.

So I've recently begun doing more World Events like the Ashen Lords and Skeleton Forts, but I keep getting attacked by other players. All my other friends are on vacation and crews I join keep trolling me in the form of self-destruction or voting to lock me in the Brig. It's really frustrating to keep getting sunk by a 4-player galleon while I'm on my own in a sloop. I've even tried not using emissary flags (because some pointed out that might provoke players to come and attack you), but it doesn't seem to work one bit. The game really discourages you to play further when you keep getting raided and not make any progress. Is there any way to prevent others from raiding you or is it just a matter of luck? :/

Edit: Also, there's this really weird bug where I can't jump when I get attacked by six or more skeletons at the same time... it's really annoying.

Views
    question
  • I mean any ship doin a world event is a target emissary flag or not. As far as the troll crews go, I suggest an lfg rather than open crew. Not all crews are winners and you'll go through a few before ya find some like minded people. Speed during a world event is important, faster ya get it done faster that beacon goes away.

• @tenseiga23 what is the average time to complete a Skeleton Fort on your own with no help?

• -If you’re doing a fort, you might as well put up an emissary flag. If someone wants to attack you, the flag won’t make a difference. Might as well make the extra money.

-Using Firebombs can clear out entire waves really quickly, especially gold skellies. Stock up on those before the fort.

-Save all of the kegs in a spot you won’t accidentally blow up. If you can lure the Skelly Lord over to your kegs, it drastically cuts down on the time you need.

-Look out for ships every wave or two. See if there’s any rowboats that weren’t there before. Check the towers for tuckers every 6 waves or so. Don’t know why someone would tuck a regular fort, but they do.

-Phuzzybond, as always, has a good video on the topic. (https://youtu.be/Rke0jywdvDc)

• @arctroopachedda I'm sorry, but what's a tucker?

• If you want to do a run with me in a sloop I can help get you some treasure.

All you gotta do is repair the ship and bucket the water when needed

room for one more

• @taiwanees7975 said in I keep getting attacked during a Skeleton Fort. Any way to prevent this?:

@arctroopachedda I'm sorry, but what's a tucker?

Player who's hiding on the island or your ship, waiting for you to finish the world event or your voyage before he strikes so you will have done the work for him.

• @taiwanees7975 It’s someone who just waits on the island or your boat for you to finish the event/quest, just so that they can steal and sink you. It’s big in the competitive PvP scene. It shouldn’t be a major concern for regular forts anymore, but it has happened to me.

• Server hop until you see a fort of the damned, then just head to the regular world event and noone will be there.

• @taiwanees7975 Well the best way to prevent yourself from being attacked while doing a world event is to always check the horizon and if a ship is coming stop doing the event and prepare for combat and get ready to sink them.

• Unfortunately making alliances is your best bet which can be very unreliable.

Views
question
1 out of 11