Doubloons for Ancient Coins

• I made a suggestion like this in a different thread already but felt this deserves its own post... Can we consider adding a system that converts Doubloons into Ancient Coins?

In the previously mentioned unrelated thread I put forth the idea of having it be a 100:1 ratio, so 1000 Doubloons = 10 Ancient Coins. I don't think this would be too bad a conversion as its not terribly easy to amass 1000 Dub and very few things on the Emporium cost below 200 AC. So even if someone was able to, say, grind up 5k Dubs in a day that would only get them 50 AC.

Thoughts? Opinions? RARE?

Views
    merchandisequestioncommunityfeedback
  • yeah put this in

then maybe they will finally address the unbalanced rewards for alliances lol

You could set the rate ridiculous enough to where it didn't hurt their bottom line but overall I find their ancient skelly system to be the best idea for AC. Encourages activity on land and typically are common enough to eventually pay for something, although I haven't found one in like 2 months and I used to find them a lot. I'm getting rng'd into oblivion over here lately

• Or, just add a doubloon sink. I don't think they will ever add a means by which to convert in-game currency to real life currency. But give me SOME sort of use for doubloons outside of "hey everyone convert these during gold and glory during gold rush to maximize your doubloon to gold conversion."....it's kinda silly.

• I think that with Ancient Skeletons and the Ancient Coins you get from reaching levels in a Season, Rare is more than generous enough.

• Ill pay 1000 dubs for 10 ancient! Im 10 short to buy confetti for my canon.

• @theonetruederp said in Doubloons for Ancient Coins:

I made a suggestion like this in a different thread already but felt this deserves its own post... Can we consider adding a system that converts Doubloons into Ancient Coins?

In the previously mentioned unrelated thread I put forth the idea of having it be a 10:1 ratio, so 1000 Doubloons = 10 Ancient Coins. I don't think this would be too bad a conversion as its not terribly easy to amass 1000 Dub and very few things on the Emporium cost below 200 AC. So even if someone was able to, say, grind up 5k Dubs in a day that would only get them 50 AC.

Trade all my doubloons for 280 coins? Literal hundreds of hours of in-game playtime, for 3$ of AC worth?

No thanks..

• @theonetruederp said in Doubloons for Ancient Coins:

I made a suggestion like this in a different thread already but felt this deserves its own post... Can we consider adding a system that converts Doubloons into Ancient Coins?

In the previously mentioned unrelated thread I put forth the idea of having it be a 10:1 ratio, so 1000 Doubloons = 10 Ancient Coins. I don't think this would be too bad a conversion as its not terribly easy to amass 1000 Dub and very few things on the Emporium cost below 200 AC. So even if someone was able to, say, grind up 5k Dubs in a day that would only get them 50 AC.

Sorry to be that guy, but 1000D/10AC is 100to1, not 10to1

• @retroraccoon741 said in Doubloons for Ancient Coins:

@theonetruederp said in Doubloons for Ancient Coins:

Sorry to be that guy, but 1000D/10AC is 100to1, not 10to1

THAT'S OK! I'm not terribly great at math... lol. Corrected the original post.

Views
merchandisequestioncommunityfeedback
1 out of 8