Disappointed in Cursed Ferry Collector's Figurehead

• I just got the new Flying Dutchman/Cursed Ferry set and for the most part I think it's incredible but I have to express some disappointment in the figurehead. I love the skeleton and the dripping water detail as well as the side profile but the wooden frame around the skeleton feels very flimsy and 2 dimensional and doesn't live up to the original or to previous content like the Black Pearl Figurehead.

alt text
    alt text

I know the Disney Flying Dutchman's bow is based off of a galleon's bow with the alligator-looking mouth being based off of the fore peak (pictured above). The original was triangular in shape with mirrored sides coming up to meet the hull much like the rails on the amazing eternal freedom figurehead do.

I know that the in-game galleon doesn't have the forecastle and that the figurehead has to stay in line with the bowsprit so there has to be some creative liberties taken. However, I feel that the figurehead should maintain more of the original 3D look. Perhaps by pushing the skeleton further along the bowsprit and building up more of a mouth with the space and working with the existing hull to make something more reminiscent of the original. If the Black Pearl figurehead had been implemented like this it would have had one set of rails directly under the bowsprit and looked 2D and underwhelming.

I don't know if Rare have ever changed cosmetics especially for DLC but for the price and compared to other entries I think the collector's figurehead needs some work.

Views
    merchandisefeedbackgeneral
  • Take a look here: I rather want a Silent Mary and hunt down those pesky pirates.

• To be fair, the set is inspired off of the Flying Dutchman, it’s not supposed to be a replica. And Rare is well aware on what the Dutchman looks like, just look at how amazing it looks in game.

• That's true but the Black Pearl set is also inspired by the original and isn't a replica but the figurehead is much higher quality. It makes their choice of design for the figurehead even more bizarre when they've modeled the whole thing and then turned out a knock off for people to play with

Views
merchandisefeedbackgeneral
3 out of 4