Story how I got Saved by Tannhauser gate (aka tunnel of damned twice)

• This forum had long conversation on if the Tannhauser gate should let you take flag and ship to other servers. Here are two examples how I got saved by that new gameplay.

1. Sailing solo on sloop with Athena flag, yes I was baiting people... Suddenly my connection to server spikes, and I see 1000 ms ping. I checked and its not my internet, so I am like oh snap server about crash and I am going to lose all my supplies ship and flag (grade 4 by that time). So I toss TT1 checkpoint, and struggle to get to T Gate while ping bounces 500-1000 ms. As soon as I cross gate ping goes down to 58 and I cancel TT1 and head back to new server. All connection problems gone, I can continue.

2. Here again solo running reaper, and I decide to take on Skelly galleon, I wanted to see if I can sink them with fire bombs (I had 400 of them), So I set that thing on fire and as I am about to get more firebombs from storage crate, I get the dreaded menu bug (menu gets stuck open and you no longer can see half of the screen, and no longer take anything from barrels or supplies. The only way to fix is die but I am solo and skelly galleon is now focused on me. So now I am scrambling, because Skelly galleon is beyond upset, I toss checkpoint and limp my ship towards open gate with skelly galleon in hot pursuit (yes pun intended)
      Last thing I could see was skelly driving into the side of the gate, engulfed in fire. I go through gate and bug is gone so I return to normal world.

Saved by Tannhauser gate twice... Nice. this is the best future Rare had put in the game.
    Now if we could also keep our tridents when we go through gate would be awesome.

Views
1 out of 1