Release Notes - 2.2.0.2

• Release Notes - 2.2.0.2
    Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.2.0.2! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and improvements that this build introduces.

Release Notes - 2.2.0.2

LOOKING FOR CREW?
    Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • hi ! where can we find any information about the end of the server maintenance ?

• @archaeon6035 Servers be up now matey.

They advertise maintenance across most social media platforms these days (twitter, Instagram, Facebook...).

• @luciansanchez82 yes thanks but that's not the question :)

• no enemy spawnrate adjustments?

• Can i now carry that [Mod edited] crying chest through the bubble without it despawning on the SUnken Pearl?

• Any word on fixing the vsync issues? Really prevalent on Xbox series x

• Still getting Hazelnutbeard everytime while travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned. ):

• I miss the feature, that rare is disabling PVP on the pirate's life gamemode.
    new players get shot at the harbours, white flag and white sails get ignored. ships get sunk at waiting near chapter 2 while diving... if players want to kill others they shall play standard adventure mode. or be fair to new players!

• @weedstar-deluxe said in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

no enemy spawnrate adjustments?

THIS PLEASE ^^^^

• Jack Sparrow's compass STILL does not work properly, even after today's update. Retrieve the compass from the Pearl, get back onto your boat and the compass eternally points back at the dive point! Continuation in this quest not possible. We have tried multiple suggestions but nothing works.
    Getting really fed up with this now!

• @avataras83 said in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

I miss the feature, that rare is disabling PVP on the pirate's life gamemode.
    new players get shot at the harbours, white flag and white sails get ignored. ships get sunk at waiting near chapter 2 while diving... if players want to kill others they shall play standard adventure mode. or be fair to new players!

Lol, yesterday In Pirate Life, some new players came to outpost, and sunk my poor, defenseless sloop while I was in the store.
    I spawn camped them in return until they rage quit... New players are often who starts fights in first place,, so nope...

• Yes please adjust the crawler and ghost spawn rates, they are a menace. Specifically in smaller islands. Also they do run in also in vaults ! Not sure if that’s suppose to happen.

• Hinestly I really like new crawlers and ghosts, so them spawning in large numbers is actually nice. They are better looking over greyish skeletons. Maybe have spawn rate based on Pirate level... Or be progressive, start small increase with time on island

• @aodqw97 said in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

Retrieve the compass from the Pearl, get back onto your boat and the compass eternally points back at the dive point!

Have you tried using it at the black pearl dive point?

• @jadescissors32
    problem would be solved if pvp is disabled in this gamemode.
    if new players shoot at harbours or old players is the same...

• @aodqw97 sagte in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

Jack Sparrow's compass STILL does not work properly, even after today's update. Retrieve the compass from the Pearl, get back onto your boat and the compass eternally points back at the dive point! Continuation in this quest not possible. We have tried multiple suggestions but nothing works.

Dont go back to your boat. The compass points to an cave entry next to the Pearl. Dive in there...

Jack Sparrow's compass STILL does not work properly, even after today's update. Retrieve the compass from the Pearl, get back onto your boat and the compass eternally points back at the dive point! Continuation in this quest not possible. We have tried multiple suggestions but nothing works.

@aodqw97 I made that same mistake first time I played this part. But... going back to the ship after acquiring the compass is it the thing you really want the most?

• @maad-dog-hoek Ahh, I had no idea thank you for putting me straight.

• @nicecuppatea4me пишет в Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

Can i now carry that [Mod edited] crying chest through the bubble without it despawning on the SUnken Pearl?

Same question. Please did the chest disappearing issue get fixed?

• @aodqw97 Didn't want to give you the next step, but other guys here already did it, so just dive to the cave at Pearl's starboard side.

• @kottytus Issue was already addressed on the last update before today, update 2.2.0.1. Give it a try.

Uh...you're doing it wrong. The compass works fine. If it's pointing at the dive point, that may mean there's something else you need to do down there. Quite a lot, actually. :)

Wait for the dialogue to finish with the voice and then look to the starboard side of the pearl. The compass leads to that which you desire the most.

• Was there a change to using Pirate's Life tales to server hop? I didn't notice anything about that in the patch notes.

Lvl 3 merchant flag traveled nicely through...

• @avataras83

theres really no difference between adventure mode and pirates life mode. they use the same exact servers. if you pick adventure mode, you will spawn in the tavern. if you pick pirates life, you will spawn in front of tall tale hut.

They can't just make "Pirates Life Mode" non-pvp, because then it would mess up adventure mode(pirates life mode, currently uses adventure mode servers).

so, pretty much they would have to separate the two. then they would have to make it so you couldnt farm gold on pirates life mode servers. seems like a ton of work to do this.

• I understand making it so ghostly storage crates from the tall tale can't be sold, but it really sucks to be unable to sell them from regular ghost voyages. Much more than even that though, being unable to sell the ashes of the damned from flameheart is a horrible change. I'm not sure if it was intended or not but it needs to be changed.

Ghost cannonball crate also doesn't sell for anything.

• @jadescissors32 said in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

Hinestly I really like new crawlers and ghosts, so them spawning in large numbers is actually nice. They are better looking over greyish skeletons. Maybe have spawn rate based on Pirate level... Or be progressive, start small increase with time on island

It's not that the new mobs are bad. It's just that it is like all 3 mob types are on their own timers, so you can end up with an almost constant spawn of mobs while you are simply trying to dig up a treasure etc. It may not be as bad with a 4 crew galleon. However with 1-2 players it gets really old really fast.

• @pithyrumble

@meroviel said in Using Tall Tale Instances To Server Hop with Grade V Reaper and Full Supplies - Exploit?:

Ahoy!

Rest assured the team are aware of how the Tunnels of the Damned are currently operating and how players are choosing to use them.

We are monitoring the situation as we are aware of the various scenarios that it can and does create.

Thanks,
    j0toro

• @nicecuppatea4me Please do not attempt to circumvent the language filter on the forums. It is a violation of our forum rules, and your post has been edited accordingly.

• huge pc issue where the pause menu will not close.

• @lady-aijou said in Release Notes - 2.2.0.2:

@nicecuppatea4me Please do not attempt to circumvent the language filter on the forums. It is a violation of our forum rules, and your post has been edited accordingly.

Ok I take that onboard, but have you fixed the issue?

• Not in the releasenotes and also in the previous build (Season 3), but to me it seems there have been a doubling of some sorts been activated.

Barrels'o'plenty have more so than before two kegs between them and shipwrecks have more so than before two reaper chests / reaper bounty chests.

To me it seems there is a 'new feature' multiplier in place that's been either reused of hasn't been removed from older new features :).

Also, not a complaint - it makes playing barrel roulette a tad more exciting.

Views
1 out of 33