All Hands On Deck!
The Sea of Thieves Community Discord in collaboration with Rogue Legends is proud to present its most recent addition to its Sea Sports Lineup, a thrilling PvP oriented event! A clever twist to the King Of The Hill Gamemode!
What Is Beacon Brawlers?
Beacon Brawlers is a fierce king of the hill-styled game mode over the Brazier (Beacon) objective, where each team has a unique lantern colour. The team that holds the Brazier their colour the longest in the allotted time frame will be victorious! For this particular Event, each crew will be bringing forward three Pirates to duke it out at Devils Ridge in a series of 3v3v3 action!
If your team doesn't win in the first round don't worry! All teams are guaranteed two matches because sometimes pirates need a little redemption.
Can my crew participate?
For the First Rogue Legends Edition of Beacon Brawlers, we are happy to take new contestants. That being said, space is limited - so get your application in early! Teams that don't have a space in the event will be held as a reserve team.
Where can we register?
Please register your team of 3 here: https://forms.gle/kdavNTtaB2RxyF4z8
What are the prizes?
The team that wins Beacon Brawlers will receive 1 Obsidian 6 pack for each member.
The stream chat will vote for the game MVP, who will receive an Obsidian Capstan.
Where can I watch Beacon Brawlers?
As usual, you will be able to watch this through the eyes of our Official Twitch channels:
- Rogue Legends: http://twitch.tv/Rogue_Legends
- Sea of Thieves Community: http://twitch.tv/sea_of_thieves_community
Please note the MVP voting is only held on the Rogue Legends Twitch channel
What are the rules?
Beacon Brawlers – Rogue Legends Rules
- Each crew will be assigned a colour: Blue, Red, Purple or Green.
- Each crew will be dressed in the same outfit matching the color of their team.
- Ships are positioned and anchored in place and are not to be moved even if under attack from PVE.
- Merchant missions & tall tales will be active on all ships to minimize the difficulty and frequency of skeleton spawns - Players are not to cancel these missions.
- A team timer will start/continue once they light the beacon with their color flame and will stop when it is either extinguished, changed to another color, or gameplay is halted due to PVE.
- Ships will be restocked with available fruit between rounds. The amount and type will be divided evenly between the ships, and will depend on what was gathered during setup. Any fruit remaining on a ship will not be removed by staff between rounds.
- No double gunning.
- Players are only allowed to refill ammo from their ship stock. All island ammo crates are out of bounds.
- All fruit and food is allowed.
- No pets are allowed to be out.
- Buckets of water are allowed.
- Fire & Blunderbombs are not provided, if found in barrels on the island, they are fair game.
- Resurrecting fallen teammates is allowed.
- There will be NO FIGHTING on or from the ships.
- Players must leave the ship by firing out of a cannon.
- Cannons can be adjusted.
- Players cannot return to their ship unless they die or are directed to return due to PVE.
- Once players leave the ship, combat is active.
- Players cannot shoot from, or be shot, in the air.
- Players are not allowed on any other ships except their own.
- Shooting anything out of the cannons, except you or your teammate, is FORBIDDEN (unless match is paused to engage PVE)
- If a skelly ship interferes with the event, the timer will be paused, all teams will return to their ships and the beacon will be reset.
- Referee/timekeeper/staff/camera people are not to be shot or engaged in combat.
- Ships are to remain anchored where they have been placed by setup staff.
- First crew to accumulate 3 minutes, on their clock will win the Round.
- The next crew with the highest time will also advance
- Redemption round will be handled the same way – in the 1st heat, all losers will be given a redemption against the other loser teams.
- Should any of the rules be broken a refaree will deduct a time penalty from the offending team.
- If a skeleton ship engages or Flameheart spawns at the island, the ref will stop the timer, reset the beacon, and all crews will return to their ships and engage the PVE without moving their ships.
- Once PVE is complete, the ref will make the call to resume play.
- Repeat after me… the Kraken will not spawn.
- We will have Merchant voyage and Tall Tale down on each ship to reduce spawns.
Unforeseen things may happen or come up and we ask that you be understanding and patient.
See you June 12th!