Glitterbeard questions - no spoilers please

• I have been working for a while to do Glitterbeard without reading anything online. I wanted to try and achieve it "in-game" without just reading/watching an online guide and following x-y-z.
    I do have a few questions and would like a tiny bit of help without too much info to spoil it...
    I have found all the books except one. "A Strange Voyage" - clue: A book on a rock, gazing out over Death's Domain. I have checked Mutineer Rock, Brimstone Rock, Morrow's Peak, the Ferry of the Damned (even though no "rock" there). I'm getting pretty low on ideas. Is this one super hard to find or am I just over thinking it. Again - please don't just say "the book is here" - I can read that online. I'm just looking for a bit more of a hint - like "yeah, that one is very hard - try looking West" or something like that.
    Next question - I have several friends who want to join me for the final Glitterbeard event - will they all need to find the books / unlock those commendations to be able to participate?
    Final question - I did stumble upon the location of the Glitterbeard event, but I've only accidentally read a few bits about how the ritual / event is unlocked. How do you figure out that part? is it trial and error? or when you have all the book commendations and show up at the spot does the game give you instructions?
    Again - I would appreciate any tips you can give me without giving too much away.

Views
    events
  • @robert-mcsot said in Glitterbeard questions - no spoilers please:

I have found all the books except one. "A Strange Voyage" - clue: A book on a rock, gazing out over Death's Domain. I have checked Mutineer Rock, Brimstone Rock, Morrow's Peak, the Ferry of the Damned (even though no "rock" there). I'm getting pretty low on ideas. Is this one super hard to find or am I just over thinking it. Again - please don't just say "the book is here" - I can read that online.

Try to think about all the things that could point to 'Death's Domain'; what is death, who is Death, what symbols what might refer to death which might give you a hint on where it is.

Next question - I have several friends who want to join me for the final Glitterbeard event - will they all need to find the books / unlock those commendations to be able to participate?

No, anyone can do the final part even if they haven't found any journals.

Final question - I did stumble upon the location of the Glitterbeard event, but I've only accidentally read a few bits about how the ritual / event is unlocked. How do you figure out that part? is it trial and error? or when you have all the book commendations and show up at the spot does the game give you instructions?

The location and method of opening the hideout is hinted at in the journal texts. You don't need any commendations, you just need to know where, how and when.

• The book "A Strange Voyage" is ... an the same island where another book is. To find out which island it is, "Domain of Death" is the best clue I guess, then look for rocks.

Your friends don't need to have found all the books before the final event.

Personally, I haven't figured out how to trigger the ritual on my own. I was able to find the island, the location, the number of players required, but that's it. I suppose I missed some clues in the books (or saw them without remembering because I didn't think it was useful)

• another question. I've been trying to read all the journals in the order the commendations are listed. However, that puts "The Maiden Voyage" in the middle - which seems odd. Does it matter which order you read them in?

• @robert-mcsot Ahoy matey!

You can read them in any order... it doesn't matter too much :)

• I must be dense or blind - I'm thinking that "Death's Domain" is either Reapers Hideout, The Red Sea or the Roar. I have gone over Reapers three times now and I only find one book on the dock. I even checked the sister islands at Reapers and found nothing there.

• @robert-mcsot

There is more than one dock at the Reapers. I suggest going over it again and then morning to the other places. I remember finding one of them there but I found it by accident. Pretty sure it was called the Stranger Journey or something.

• Thanks for all the hints guys - I managed to find it finally... I must have ran by it a dozen times.

It turns out I still have one more to go - I thought the last commendation was the actual ritual, but now that I reread it I can see it is one more Journal called "Carry on the Legend".
    So, now I must go find that one - LOL.

• I enjoyed every minute collecting all the journals. And at that point we unfortunately failed to find 8 pirates, because we are mostly two on the road. The Toxic level forbids other players to even communicate with someone who is principally being shot at directly. So how are you supposed to find 8 people if you can generally only join 4 in a crew? Now is of course not the problem of the developer * wink *. Isn't it their fault that most of them only sail to push terror during adventures like me and my colleague are the prey. In this sense, we have come to terms with the fact that the last journal will probably never be closed.

Views
events
1 out of 9