Helping Skeleton NPC's

• Ahio together! Since I love how this game is developing, I am very excited and curious about the future! I am more than satisfied and grateful with everything you give us. Since I mainly play solo, I would like to give you an idea that would make it a little easier for solo players, but of course not take all the work out of the hand. Just like you did in your latest update with the trading company that you can now buy supply boxes, it would be nice to be able to buy skeletons from the order of souls next to help you on the ship. To have a skeleton below deck for a fair amount of gold that slowly stuffs the holes would be unbelievably great. Just like on the skeleton ships. I would be so happy if you could do something in this direction. Thank you for listening!

Views
  • @schneeflocke772 I think this is a really interesting idea.

Maybe it's not something you buy, but something you quest for. A lost artifact that lets you command skeletons. It shouldn't require you to defeat a huge World Event (you're a solo player after all), but at least requires you to invest some time and energy. Or maybe it's just a cool gold sink.

Maybe once you have it, it transforms the aesthetics of your boat into a hybrid player / skellie ship too, so people could tell from afar that you've got skellies working for you when they decide to engage.

It should also increase the value of your ship if it's defeated, making you slightly more of a target for players. After all it is an advantage.

• The necromancer pirate

In a perfect world I wouldn't mind solo pirates having an AI companion (not pet not skelly). Like other games they would generally be terrible but at least they would do basic things at low skill capabilities

I don't think it's something that would realistically function well in this game at all but in theory it would be cool for those that don't want to play with other people but still want some sort of companionship/assistance

• I really like this idea! But personally I think they should be living npcs like maybe some of the random npcs chilling on islands.

• @wolfmanbush said in Helping Skeleton NPC's:

In a perfect world I wouldn't mind solo pirates having an AI companion (not pet not skelly). Like other games they would generally be terrible but at least they would do basic things at low skill capabilities

I don't think it's something that would realistically function well in this game at all but in theory it would be cool for those that don't want to play with other people but still want some sort of companionship/assistance

I've seen the idea of hiring pirate AIs from the Tavern tossed about before to do simple things like help raise capstan, plug holes, etc. The idea was shot down before, but honestly I could see something along those lines working in the future if there's enough push for it.

Views
1 out of 5