No Doubloons in the Vault of the Maiden Voyage

• Basically the title, but I'll give a little more details.

When I started playing Sea of Thieves I had a friend who wanted to jump right in, so I skipped the Maiden Voyage my first launch and have recently decided to complete it for the renown and money. I heard there were supposed to be doubloons in the hidden vault, but upon opening it all I could find was gold.

Have the doubloons been removed from this for season two? Could the fact I started at the end of season one but only just now got to the maiden voyage affect it? Did skipping it cost me the doubloons?

Just want to know what's up with the doubloons is all.

Adding screenshots for help/proof.

The doubloons I have just from completing some deeds.
    The chests being open.
    The spot the doubloons are in a few videos I saw just to be sure I wasn't overlooking them.
    There's this sack that I can't interact with and I'm pretty sure is just site dressing.

If anything more is needed from me just let me know.

Views
  • @andryboi They removed it. No idea why, but it was on purpose and not a bug.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.1.0

When unlocking the trap door on the Maiden Voyage, players will no longer discover a stash of Doubloons hidden inside.

• @d3adst1ck Ah darn, I thought I looked through patch notes, I guess I just looked a features page.

Oh well I missed my opportunity for those doubloons, no biggie.

Thanks.

Views
2 out of 3