Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels

• Two times in 2 days I have died in PvP solo slooping, not to the actual player ship, but to kegs spawning with barrels floating in the ocean.

As a solo slooper, there's literally nothing I can do to counter kegs spawning with barrels. The kegs hit the ship, kill me, and the ship goes under before I can respawn. It's unfair, and gives the other party an insta-win against a solo sloop.

Views
  • @a-siggy-tau said in Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels:

As a solo slooper, there's literally nothing I can do to counter kegs spawning with barrels.

You could not sail through barrels. You could do that.

• @vin-the-rat Tell me how as a solo player I'm supposed to juggle steering, managing sails, patching holes, shooting cannons, healing, reloading, getting supplies, and looking for an opportunity to board, while also making sure I'm not putting my ship into a bad position vs the other ship. There are MANY times in PvP combat you're not on the deck to even see barrels in front of you. If you solo slooped, you'd understand.

• As a Solo slooper, there are ways to counter this.

• Keep both eyes open in front of your small Sloop ship
    • Stay by the wheel
    • Have planks on hand.

looking for an opportunity to board

Stop doing this for starters.

• yea as a solo slooper you should not be boarding unless with keg in hand a sloop is great at maneuverability, you should use that to your advantage. threading the needle, sharp turns into/against wind, getting angles to chain their masts to get away. unless your a cannon god you should not be fighting anything more then a fellow sloop unless you get a sneak attack in.

in regards to the kegs in the water... that's just bad luck need to keep your eyes peeled for stuff in front of your ship.... next you would be complaining about the giant rocks you keep ramming into.

• @burnbacon said in Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels:

As a Solo slooper, there are ways to counter this.

• Stay by the wheel
    • Have planks on hand.

I've got 500+ hours solo slooping PvP. I'm actually pretty good, and can win against most above average crews, so I'm well aware of the risk of boarding a ship as a solo slooper.

The only mechanic outside of my control in PvP is this. 2 times in 2 days this has happened, and there was literally nothing I could have done to prevent it.

What purpose do kegs spawning in water serve? I really cannot understand the point of having this in the game. It's absolutely demoralizing 1v4ing a galleon, have them mid deck and this happens.

• All you’ve got to do is be careful where you sailing in a chase and when you see floating barrels just be carful. Because they could be the odd gun powder barrel.

@burnbacon said in Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels:

As a Solo slooper, there are ways to counter this.

• Stay by the wheel
    • Have planks on hand.

I've got 500+ hours solo slooping PvP. I'm actually pretty good, and can win against most above average crews, so I'm well aware of the risk of boarding a ship as a solo slooper.

The only mechanic outside of my control in PvP is this. 2 times in 2 days this has happened, and there was literally nothing I could have done to prevent it.

What purpose do kegs spawning in water serve? I really cannot understand the point of having this in the game. It's absolutely demoralizing 1v4ing a galleon, have them mid deck and this happens.

Kegs is a resource to be picked up and used thats their purpose

You happened to sail into one because you were busy doing other things

Seeing as you've sailed for 500+ hours solo you should know the disadvantages like not having an extra pair of hands and eyes to avoid such situations

Maybe in the future avoid sailing over those seagulls that are in the sky letting you know there are stuff in the water noone is too busy to look up at the sky for a few seconds

And if there were no seagulls then it means the keg didn't spawn in

It was placed there

@vin-the-rat Tell me how as a solo player I'm supposed to juggle steering, managing sails, patching holes, shooting cannons, healing, reloading, getting supplies, and looking for an opportunity to board, while also making sure I'm not putting my ship into a bad position vs the other ship. There are MANY times in PvP combat you're not on the deck to even see barrels in front of you. If you solo slooped, you'd understand.

Well it's two words and they both start with the letter "g", but I don't think the mods like it much when I say them.

• @vin-the-rat said in Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels:

@a-siggy-tau said in Remove Kegs spawning with floating barrels:

@vin-the-rat Tell me how as a solo player I'm supposed to juggle steering, managing sails, patching holes, shooting cannons, healing, reloading, getting supplies, and looking for an opportunity to board, while also making sure I'm not putting my ship into a bad position vs the other ship. There are MANY times in PvP combat you're not on the deck to even see barrels in front of you. If you solo slooped, you'd understand.

Well it's two words and they both start with the letter "g", but I don't think the mods like it much when I say them.

Get-around gunpowder-barrels ?

• @a-siggy-tau The game is not balanced around solo slooping. When solo slooping, unless you are confident in your ability to take down an enemy ship your prerogative should always be to avoid combat, and keep your eyes peeled. Seems like in the instance you were talking about you were not being responsible, as you were trying to board the enemy ship whilst solo.

If you want to PvP and win, play with another person so they can at least take care of the ship when you jump off and board the enemy.

• Ez fix. Look out for seagulls, and dont sail through them

Done.

Views
7 out of 12