Twitch Drop Marathon

• I’d like to propose a #twitchdrops marathon event that lasts for 1 week where Pirates can watch their favorite streamers and reap any 1 item, per day, they missed from past Twitch Drops. All past twitch drop items can be activated during the campaign, allowing Pirates to select the things they’ve missed.

There’s a plethora of reasons for missing a twitch drop item: work, family, network/internet issues, twitch not counting the view time properly (my main issue) or the Pirate plum forgot.

I bring this up because the last 3 events I’ve managed to miss a single item each event, for the time viewed was not counted, thus not unlocking it. And I’m a completionist that wants to unlock an entire set of cosmetics and it sucks to miss one item and then not be able to complete the set.

This event shouldn’t be a one-time thing, but occur maybe once every 6 months or once per Year to allow salty Sea Dogs to complete their missing twitch drop items.

Maybe even do a twitch drop event so Pirates can finally earn the Obsidian Capstan and Banjo!?

Views
    communityfeedbackevents
  • I got screwed again by twitch drops not counting rewards! Literally each time there’s a series of twitch drops always one damn item doesn’t get counted.

This time it was Gilded Gloves. The twitch drops should be ALL items each day, and each 20min watched should unlock anytime within the event period.

This not counting time viewed on the day-of sucks.

And now I’m bumping my thread about the idea of a Marathon that gets done once or twice a year to let players obtain twitch drops we missed.

It’s terrible to literally be missing one-item from every event because time watched not being counted.

• @aaronblueeyes Do you claim them after youve watched for 20 minutes?

If not that is the problem and you also need to make sure that your account is actually online, that the dot is green and not grey.

• I click the claim button until I see it appear on the claimed list. Then I check the drops site to see if it's listed there. Finally, I check the game itself to see if it's actually there.

After missing the Frozen Horizon belt and gloves due to lack of advertising of certain dates, I'm taking absolutely no chances.

• @aaronblueeyes
    There is 24 hrs if it didn't work try again not sure how you keep missing these rewards

• It doesn’t happen all the time — but does manage to foil me literally one item per event tho.

Most of the time I’m able to claim right away, but sometimes I can’t because of other life events. So I literally just have enough time to watch and that’s it.

There were a couple instances I managed to notice the time didn’t count and I was able to start watching a new stream to unlock the item, but it shouldn’t happen this frequently.

There’s a one-in-five chance of my views not getting credit. And I don’t have the luxury of time to check if I unlocked the item until the next day when it’s too late.

• I just saw that you have the same problem... I had to bring my dog to a doctor yesterday and missed the Twitch drop...

I would love to see that the game mechanics are a bit more "real-life-friendly" in those cases. I really like the idea that you can decide which drops you want.

• @aaronblueeyes ive yet to have it not count on any of the pirates I collect drops for (3 atm). Each of them always gets them. I set it before bed, claim in the morning, and call it a day.

It is likely something on your end, make sure you are watching a SoT partner and not just a Twitch partner. Make sure the streamer you are watching has drops enabled.

• @captain-coel I always select from the list Rare has active for twitch drops. This is the 4th set of drops now that I’ve missed an item because of view time not counting.

• Lost Frozen Horizon Hair 1
    • Lost Gilded Phoenix Fishing Pole
    • Lost Gilded Phoenix Tankard
    • Lost Gilded Phoenix Gloves

Between my situation and other players missing drops for on reason or another is why I proposed this idea of doing a marathon to let pirates snag the item(s) they’ve missed.

Or add the items to in-game market-place after drops.

Or change how drops work allowing Pirates to unlock any item during event period per 20min of view time, so as long as it’s revealed on Advent Calendar.

• Just open twitch app on your phone. That is what I do when I am busy

• @aaronblueeyes but are you catching those streamers st the end of their session? The person they raid may not be a partner which means only the time watching the partnered streamer counts. Last night for example 2 of the top 4 by viewership are not drop eligible streamers.

• Okay, thanks for that info... and with these flaws inherent in the system, that validates the need for a change and to bring back past items to let Pirates complete their sets.

• @aaronblueeyes

It does seem really awful to me that for the Twitch drops, they drip feed pieces of a set as one item per day and if you miss that one day, you miss that one specific piece entirely. It really is not a very player/consumer friendly tactic.

I wish they would change the strategy to give the full lot of rewards for the drop campaign all at once, ongoing for the entire weekend. Example - instead of having the Hat available on Friday only, the pants on Sunday only, etc... I have the entire weekend as an opportunity to get the full lot of the Hat, Gloves, Pants, and hook all at once.

It still encourages the viewership to get that small set of rewards, while not being so unforgiving for missing a single day. Their current strategy is super annoying.

• Here here!! I missed a pair of items this go-around due to a COVID case in my child's daycare. It's not my fault, it's not Rare's fault, it's simply life being life. I was searching the forums to ensure starting a new thread regarding missed twitch drops wouldn't be extraneous, and I found this one. I support this idea!

• Now I didn’t get credit for watching last night to get Gilded Hook!

This is bs, I’m done with this game. Rare this sucks.

• @aaronblueeyes twitch drop for the Obsidian banjo sign me up. The obsidian capstan can be unlocked from various contests like the weekly contest: Capture a code which can be found in this forum under official contest hosted by no other than @lizalaroo

• @aaronblueeyes you say last night. the drop ended now 7 hrs ago. were you watching a sot partner with drops enabled for the full 20 minutes?

• Apparently it can take up to 120 minutes till the drop arrives at your game account. Twitch drops only work on streams which have activated it. To make sure the channel has Twitch drops activated look at the bottom left below the stream's title. It should say "drops enabled".

You will receive a notification on Twitch when you have been awarded the items. Once awarded, you will need to claim the items within 24 hours of unlocking them to ensure you receive them. When you have successfully claimed each item it will be added to your account, so all you need to do is log in to the game. If you are already logged in, you’ll need to log out and log back in.

If you do not receive your item within 72 hours, please visit the Sea of Thieves support site and raise a support request with our team.

• @aaronblueeyes out of curiosity do you know who you were watching and at what time? I would like to help you figure it out.

Views
communityfeedbackevents
1 out of 19