Bathroom Breaks????

• Sometimes you play an hour, sometimes you want to play several hours.

For solo players this is practically a no-can-do because....well.... sometimes nature calls for more than the AFK/Lazybeard timer permits.

Is there ANY WAY a longer timer can be implemented? Maybe even if you were at an outpost even? And if not maybe a re-join feature for solo players? (Currently only doable for crews)

As it is, being solo and leaving your ship unattended while you use the bathroom is risk enough to someone spotting you.... but then you have to "cut it short" in the bathroom so you don't lose your in-game haul because of an "out of game haul?" (if you catch my drift)

PLEASE..... I have lost my hauls several times now and it is very frustrating stocking up on supplies and spending 2 hours of cruising just to come back and its ALLLL gone simply to use the bathroom.

Kills the momentum like nothing else can....

I urge the development team to take "natural tendencies" into consideration.

Views
  • Just rig ur controls to keep ur pirate moving e.g. A weight on the space bar or a rubber band on the right stick

• I honestly have never had that issue, lol. It seems legitimate but like... where are you parking when you do this? Do you shoot yourself up with your cannons to do a horizon check real quick pre-bio? How long are you on the toilet man?

Usually I just raise my sails up 80% so I drift slowly and keep me cruising with nothing in front of me and come back no harm done.

• Sometimes it takes me 10-20 minutes in all honesty..... I'm not the fastest lol To the point where I have had job supervisors question me. Not messin around or anything either... Bowels just a bit slow.

I usually have my guy dance emote, ive tried moving the boat too.... but it seems to be player based.

Weight on my controls seems decent idea but would be nice for a small solution lol

• @k4nk1ew33d go to shores of gold, put your cat on the keyboard! :P

• Solo player. Nature calls? Time for me to log off and do my business.

That what I do anyways. Not difficult or a crime to turn game off

• Bathroom breaks ? Come on man , we are Pirates , we "drop" everything in the Sea ... What ? Hey , the fish need to eat too... ( * Moron , he means bathroom breaks in real life , snap out of your fantasy world, fool) Ooooh , sorry , you meant bathroom breaks in real life .... Oh wait , i tell you my way , i open up my attic window , let the moon shine and let it all go ... It doesn't matter because i have brown rooftiles ... ( - George , please no , you're revulting , find a different way ...)... Wait that wasn't maybe the cleanest solutiuon , hmmm... You have a granddad ? Give him a package of cookies , but place them on the table , then he leaves his chair which is equiped with toiletpot beneath , and when he turns around , ...it's gone...Hehehe, i knew the old man would come of use...

• @k4nk1ew33d said in Bathroom Breaks????:

Sometimes you play an hour, sometimes you want to play several hours.

For solo players this is practically a no-can-do because....well.... sometimes nature calls for more than the AFK/Lazybeard timer permits.

Is there ANY WAY a longer timer can be implemented? Maybe even if you were at an outpost even? And if not maybe a re-join feature for solo players? (Currently only doable for crews)

As it is, being solo and leaving your ship unattended while you use the bathroom is risk enough to someone spotting you.... but then you have to "cut it short" in the bathroom so you don't lose your in-game haul because of an "out of game haul?" (if you catch my drift)

PLEASE..... I have lost my hauls several times now and it is very frustrating stocking up on supplies and spending 2 hours of cruising just to come back and its ALLLL gone simply to use the bathroom.

Kills the momentum like nothing else can....

I urge the development team to take "natural tendencies" into consideration.

Maybe don't take your phone in with you. that way you don't spend as much time.....

• Although sailing solo is an option, it’s very ill—advised - the game is designed to be played with a crew. And then you can go to the bathroom to your hearts content!

• @peteloaf777 said in Bathroom Breaks????:

Although sailing solo is an option, it’s very ill—advised - the game is designed to be played with a crew. And then you can go to the bathroom to your hearts content!

very true, absolute pixel made a guide on solo sloping. rule 1: get a partner....

• Adult diapers

• @flintlock-dan said in Bathroom Breaks????:

Adult diapers

It’s the only logical solution! 😂

• If you are timing out by dropping off a Captain's log at booty isle then you need more fiber

• @wolfmanbush said in Bathroom Breaks????:

If you are timing out by dropping off a Captain's log at booty isle then you need more fiber

This....

Drinking more water wouldn't hurt either lol.

• Thank you to those who provided real answers.

This is a suggestion area. I made a suggestion based on solo play, specifically to avoid playing with a crew.

The joke answers could do without. Adds nothing to the relevance of the topic.

• @wolfmanbush 10 minutes is not a long time if you are being clean about things... I am sure you're a dietician to provide such a recommendation.

This was meant as a serious suggestion so people don't have to give up absolutely everything in order to maintain a game that already takes a long time.

If I am forced to choose between myself and Sea of Thieves then I guess this game is getting dropped..... Hence the SUGGESTION section. You know... suggest ideas to make the quality of life better for players?

Or do you only provide sarcastic answers without real thought?

• @peteloaf777 Then why allow solo play at all? Because it isn't JUST designed for crew play.

I enjoy taking on bigger crews by myself. I have come out on top facing a galleon as a sloop even.

If this game is intent on making sure solo players cannot enjoy themselves as well by forcing anything unexpected in life occurring to proc afk timers then I guess it is time to move on. Would prefer not to as this is one of the only sailing or pirate games out.

I love the influence from Pirates of the Caribbean or Black Flag that manifest in their own way in the game. I just think small tweaks to quality of life could be made. One of which being a timer extension to 15 or 20 minutes instead of 10.

Views
17 out of 18