skeletons always interrupt fishing

• I want to try out the festival of fishing so I'm trying to catch Plentifins. I grab some earthworms and head to cannon cove (and wanderers refuge and lone cove...). I walk onto the island and cast only to be interrupted by a lunging skeleton. I kill him and his friends and re-cast, but just after a fish bites more skeletons spawn and prevent me from getting the fish. is it not possible to catch non-splashtails as a solo slooper? am I supposed to only fish off the sloop? I don't know what to do...

I get that Rare wants to focus on full size crews but cmon does that mean it's not possible to play solo? (and for those 'helpful' pirates out there, I'm not going to sail in an open crew without some sort of Captain feature or a kick option. Trolls just cook bananas, eat raw fish heads, and burn the ship down with fire bombs after ramming it into the island. open crew is broken and not a solution to this question.)

Views
  • Rowboat or ship.

Don’t fish from the island. Very-Simple

• @burnbacon ill give it a try, I thought you had to be ON and shores of plenty island to get the special fish.

• Nice, just caught a trophy amber plentifin from a rowboat. Thanks for the tip!

(but seriously Rare, a Captain position with crew kick control would easily fix open crew!)

• @lankytomcat9830 said in skeletons always interrupt fishing:

I want to try out the festival of fishing so I'm trying to catch Plentifins. I grab some earthworms and head to cannon cove (and wanderers refuge and lone cove...). I walk onto the island and cast only to be interrupted by a lunging skeleton. I kill him and his friends and re-cast, but just after a fish bites more skeletons spawn and prevent me from getting the fish. is it not possible to catch non-splashtails as a solo slooper? am I supposed to only fish off the sloop? I don't know what to do...

I get that Rare wants to focus on full size crews but cmon does that mean it's not possible to play solo? (and for those 'helpful' pirates out there, I'm not going to sail in an open crew without some sort of Captain feature or a kick option. Trolls just cook bananas, eat raw fish heads, and burn the ship down with fire bombs after ramming it into the island. open crew is broken and not a solution to this question.)

You can play solo - just select closed crew when you are getting into the game. That way no one can join your game unless invited, or if you have it set up this way only friends can join. I think you can set up the latter in the Matchmaking preferences, if no there it is somewhere within the preferences to allow only friends to join a closed crew.

While a kick option would be nice in some instances, it is very open to abuse. Bad enough you get rigged for no reason by a majority vote, imagine how much worse to would be to be kicked from a session and right before they turned in the treasure? I can get behind some sort of captaincy option that allows a little more control to the player who started the session, such as the ability on a sloop to actually put someone in the brig (since there is no majority on a 2 player ship) to actually give that space some purpose and protect against disruptive crew mates.

• @lankytomcat9830 said in skeletons always interrupt fishing:

@burnbacon ill give it a try, I thought you had to be ON and shores of plenty island to get the special fish.

Plentifins will spawn anywhere in the Shores of Plenty, even in the open ocean, as long as you're using earthworm bait. The only ones that need to be caught while standing on an island are the pondhoppers (usually because the pond is not accessible from your boat). You can try to find a rock or cliff to fish from to keep away from the skeletons for these ones.

The special event voyage that tries to get you catching plentifins will all be areas near a shoreline in the Shores of Plenty, but you can park your boat pretty close to these circles and catch the fish from there.

Views
5 out of 6