Festival of Fishing Voyage

• @daddy-helmut. Yes, we will be unable to complete the first of the 3 "Weekly Challenges' titled, "A PLATTER OF PLENTY" because the last task is (/was) "Complete a Festival of Fishing Voyage within The Shores of Plenty". And now since week 2 has begun, that voyage is unavailable for purchase anywhere.
    It would be swell if you could still purchase that voyage from Umbra. I mean, there is only one item on that page in Umbra's black market. Is this the correct forum to express a 'deficient feature' and suggest a resolution?

• I just got a new reply from the support team and they said:

“ Thank you for highlighting the issue found within the Festival of Fishing event.

I can confirm that the completion date for the challenge "Lured In" was incorrect as this should have expired once the relevant voyage from Larinna for the 'Shores of Plenty' were no longer available. This issue has now been identified by the development team and will be fixed soon. All other challenges for this event should not be affected by this error.

We are sorry for any confusion over this matter. Currently, we cannot offer any compensation or grant completion but rest assured our team will discuss this matter and we will announce updates (if any) about this matter on our social media channels.”

I really hope that this means they will bring the voyage back at least for a couple days

• It seems they have changed the date of Lured In, and also managed to botch it up for people who did do it.

It now says that I didn't do it (while I did): previous week progress is at 6/7 (still need two for It Was Thiiiiis Big ).

Also this weeks Deep Blue is now shown as incomplete while I did that one as well (I'm at 2/7 with only one set of Trophy fish completed).

• @lem0n-curry said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

It seems they have changed the date of Lured In, and also managed to botch it up for people who did do it.

It now says that I didn't do it (while I did): previous week progress is at 6/7 (still need two for It Was Thiiiiis Big ).

Also this weeks Deep Blue is now shown as incomplete while I did that one as well (I'm at 2/7 with only one set of Trophy fish completed).

Yeah, I just noticed today that I have the same issue. It says I did not complete the Shores of Plenty voyage, even though I did complete it - and I completed it during the first week of the event, as well (just to be clear).

• @electricknights said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

@lem0n-curry said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

It seems they have changed the date of Lured In, and also managed to botch it up for people who did do it.

Yeah, I just noticed today that I have the same issue. It says I did not complete the Shores of Plenty voyage, even though I did complete it - and I completed it during the first week of the event, as well (just to be clear).

I'll put in a bug report in after work if it isn't fixed before that.

• @electricknights said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

Reading these two posts had me worried, but both of my fishing weeks are still showing 7/7. However, if I go into the Shores of Plenty and Ancient Isles task details, it shows Lured In and Deep Blue both as not being completed.

My total point count towards the fishing rods is still at 14 though. It might be counting the voyage as being complete but not showing it as such on the site?

• I'm in the same boat here missing out on the Spoils of Plenty Voyage but got all the fish caught for it.. Completely missed that second page on Voyage needs to be complete as it showed lots of time remaining to complete...Unreal as some websites that we all visit for sot info were even stating that Larinna would carry each of those weekly voyages and just keep adding weekly but keep them up for the event timelines.. Heck even on the Fishing Event screen it shows 8 days remaining to unlock the Voyage in SPoils of Plenty [ including the fish ] but as mentioned the voyage has been removed/update to latest Ancient Ils fishing voyage.. Also just wanted the title and think SOT could have made it much more clear...That's extremely disappointing TBH, the fact they messed it up on a simple EVENT and now saying Well it is What it is... GRRRRRR.. If anyone still has the SPLENTY OF SPOILS FISHING VOYAGE PLEASE PLEASE DM ME [ Same Gamertag in XBOX ] as I really wanted this Title.. almost 2 years playing this game and the fact it wasn't clear is just sad on SOT's part even though they have admitted to fault as per event page timelines BEING INCORRECT??.. Ahh I'm not understanding here??

• @GeekyLoOPyLenNy It appears they have locked the challenge "Lured In", so even if we do complete the voyage it will no longer count. When looking at the challenge in-game it says "EVENT ENDED Your Progress Has Been Locked".

Based on their actions so far I doubt they will "unlock" the challenge at this point. So even those that still had the voyage, or knew someone that did, cannot complete it.

Again, I am constantly disappointed by Rare's decisions. I find that this event and our complaints about it are being poorly handled.

• @momentopolis Unreal!! As of yesterday, late log out on my part it showed Battle Pass, Event Tab, Spoils of Plenty Voyage as still being available for 8 days I think.. So In game, still showing in the event page tab as being available but we all know that's not true... So I understand, SOT/Rare run an event, make a total discombobulation of the timelines not only through in Game Progress tabs, SOT'S vague at best descriptions of Larinna timelines on Voyages and with SOT affiliated/non affiliated websites having incorrect info as well.... [ But all saying the same that Voyages would be basically available through the event timelines...] OK so where's my Helmet when I need one...Best just keep the GROG COMING and don't stop so I can understand this....

• @d3adst1ck said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

@electricknights said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

Reading these two posts had me worried, but both of my fishing weeks are still showing 7/7. However, if I go into the Shores of Plenty and Ancient Isles task details, it shows Lured In and Deep Blue both as not being completed.

My total point count towards the fishing rods is still at 14 though. It might be counting the voyage as being complete but not showing it as such on the site?

I have put in a support ticket - got an answer

Please wait up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in your progress.

Not sure if they'll update those 2 achievemnets or that they're just c&p answer and thinking I'm an impatient pirate ...
    I did mention it may be a bigger issue than just me - but nothing in the reply on that.

• For those that are worried that completing another challenge will be wortlhess:
    I was 2/7 this week (Catch and Release and Deep Blue); found an ancient one in a shipwreck and am now 3/7.
    So even though Deep Blue is shown as uncompleted, it still counts for the number of weekly challenges and the rewards after you completed another one.

• just seen a tweet from SoT_Support:

We're aware that some players missed out on completing Festival of Fishing goals tied to weekly Voyages that have now ended. In order to ensure everyone has a chance to fully complete this Event, we will be adding the previous Voyages to all player's inventories.

So hopefully you'll be able to catch up now

• @lem0n-curry said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

@d3adst1ck said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

@electricknights said in Festival of Fishing Voyage:

I have put in a support ticket - got an answer

Please wait up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in your progress.

Not sure if they'll update those 2 achievemnets or that they're just c&p answer and thinking I'm an impatient pirate ...
    I did mention it may be a bigger issue than just me - but nothing in the reply on that.

It got fixed for me, the two achievements of previous weeks are now shown as completed again.

• They probably should have just made the voyage repurchasable, because I'm sure there will be players who lose the free one again.

And yes, the voyage task is no marked as completed again for me also.

• I wanna thank Rare for making the shores of plenty voyage available again :D Thanks.

• I really appreciate that they changed course and are finally listening to us and making it available again. I guess all our complaining finally paid off. Its still a shame they didn't do this from the start and actually made it worse before making it better, but now they've avoided a bunch of unhappy players.

My faith in Rare has been restored some. Thank you.

• I also have this voyage spare in my inventory if someone can utilise it :) (I'm UK time zone)

• Yes I can confirm this. I have the plenty voyage also in the inventory now. I am not sure if you have to buy the fishing mission in devils roar from Larinna, or you just get it when you login. But it is back. And yeah super nice of rare to react like this to the community. Keep that up guys! Nice that you listen to us :-)

• @momentopolis

Agree 100%!!! I can ignore some things, but they handled this unprofessionally.
    The past week I've thought about doing the other challenges but feel "what's the point even" if they're just going to go incomplete. Thankfully there's other things to do for now as I haven't finished the Season Pass. So there's that... but honestly? This whole debacle has taken the wind out of my sails, literally. And I feel for the people who've already completed the Season Pass but wanted to do the fishing and missed that first voyage. Unless they've got a serious hard core love of the game... I see them being gone for the next few weeks while the pass ends.

Way to go Rare.... You Rared yourselves this time.

Views
53 out of 54