How exactly do Riddles work?

• I'm assuming they're selected from a pool, and the loot is spawned once you actually have the quest in hand. Does that mean it's possible, given the island's limited amount of spots/triggers to be able to run straight for the loot location and dig it up before revealing all the verses? Or does revealing all the verses actually determine spawn?
    Cause I know the wiki and some other sites like SurveyorPete have verse locators

Views
  • @armorhide406
    I've dug up 'surprise' chests when I had a riddle and x-marks the spot on the same island that turned up to be a chest from a riddle.

So, AFAIK, the dig spot isn't determined at the last step.

Riddles are on larger islands, I don't think digging all over the island is faster.

• Yes you can dig it up before all the clues are revealed

• @armorhide406 you can...but as riddles are just on big island it's not worthit going for all the dig spots...and there are a lot...
    Also you get up in emissary rank with every clue you do...

• @schwammlgott
    If you are running an Emmissary...

• @captainstab1n said in How exactly do Riddles work?:

@schwammlgott
    If you are running an Emmissary...

Really? You don't say...

• @schwammlgott
    Most people in this game don't run them...

• @captainstab1n Strange, i see emissaries all the time.

• I personally have stopped running emissary pennants, given that it just seems to invite trouble. Counter to that, I also go out of my way to sink emissaries cause they're practically guaranteed to have goodies

• It's real easy on islands like crescent and mermaid and cannon cove and wanderers for example

You play long enough and do enough riddles and it just becomes programmed in your head

You can even rule out spots once the first clue shows

Overall though typically just do the clues as it's about equal time in my experience. You can get lucky but I find certainty to be more efficient than knowledgeable guessing

Views
9 out of 10