Less Intrusive Cannon Flares?

• First of all, I cannot stand any PvP in this game. It doesn’t feel super fluid to me. Never even really touched the Sea Dogs. But I find shooting cannons to be rather enjoyable. I am also a fan of customization. So when I heard the cannon flares were coming, I was stoked!

Until I got my hands on them. What is the point? It is almost like shooting your self in the foot. Most of the flares literally blind you when shooting. You can’t easily track your cannon ball, it can mess up your alignment and it’s just distracting

Could we perhaps get ones more like the confetti where it isn’t a gas cloud? More of a small change like gold flying out or a few souls ghosting away?

Views
  • Agreed on the flare part, it just makes it super annoying to use the cannons when you flashbang yourself everytime you use them. That's the case with the event flares atleast.

They look great but not handy at all

• I'd like if they had massive cannon fog and you cant see anything, but well....
    the Flares are immersionbreaking to me, to much of hello kitty for me

• The initial flash doesn't bother me as much as the particles (smoke and such) that completely block your view of your target for about half a second afterwards. It makes targeting a lot harder. I like the idea of cannon flares but I doubt I will ever use them as they're not worth the penalty to aiming.

• @aarocane have ypi played Naval Action?

in the early days i was part of a clan or guild and we organized some big battles like 20 SoL's going to visit the french ^^
    You cannot see anything for a Minute or so - amazingly immersive!

Views
1 out of 5