Skeleton ships are sick. Skeleton bossfights aren't.

• I love fighting ships out on the high seas. I was livid when the devs announced the ghost ship voyages because it was essentially on demand PvE fun. However, as sick as the ghost ships are, it is not the same as something like the skeleton fleet event. You cannot board them, their movement is boring, and they are just inferior to fight. I would love to see you guys introduce more ways to fight skeleton ships, other NPC ships, or other player ships outside of an organized arena format. An important point here is the difference between any of these additions being voyages, tall tales, or public events. Public events are fun, and create amazing emergent gameplay, but there are already public events that offer the skeleton ship combat. Please allow me to pose a scenario: You are given a tall tale to track a ship using journals and such, and you complete the whole tall tale thing like normal, but instead of fighting a captain on land(which is a boring 20 minutes of whaling on a guy with swords, bombs, and guns), you take to the seas in a frantic mess of boarding the ship to get damage done and kill the captain, or firing at the ship to sink the ship, and the captain with it. While these incoherent ramblings might sound like a nightmare to implement, I believe in this dev team and I just wanna get u guys thinking and I love the game you guys have made. ;)

Views
  • @ingiman1 Ship battles in Tall Tales are something I've wanted since they were announced. Yes please!

Views
1 out of 2