Rescue Lost Souls

• We as pirates collect skulls to hand to the order of souls.

In my idea.. The Skeletons have been doing some collecting of their own!

Those sunken shipwrecks you see are from attacks from skeleton Galleons. Poor souls who lost their lives to the undead.

These lost souls were meant to go to the ferry of the damned but the Skeletons have stolen their souls and kept them stowed away on their ship where they meddle in the otherworldly and unnatural.

My idea brings this to life.

Inside the prison cells of roaming skeleton Galleons is a container holding the soul of an Npc.

Jump aboard the ship and break the lock by slashing or shooting it. Grab the container and hand it over to the mysterious stranger in the tavern, who in turn brings it to the pirate lord who assists them to finding their way to the ferry of the damned.

It's an exclusive activity for pirates who put themselves at risk diving into an enemy vessel.

The reason the soul containers never float to the surface in a sunken Galleon is because its locked away on the ship.

Now we have a reason to hop aboard!

Views
  • This would just be another fetch quest that needs to be delivered - the only real difference is that it gives you an actual reason to want to visit shipwrecks.

All in all, seems rather boring and cut and paste to me.

How would they know about the shipwrecks anyways? A survivor perhaps? How would you find it?
    These are questions that you could use to build upon your idea, I think.

• @galactic-geek said in Rescue Lost Souls:

This would just be another fetch quest that needs to be delivered - the only real difference is that it gives you an actual reason to want to visit shipwrecks.

How would they know about the shipwrecks anyways? A survivor perhaps? How would you find it?

yes this idea could be added to

This would just be another fetch quest that needs to be delivered - the only real difference is that it gives you an actual reason to want to visit shipwrecks.

You misunderstand me mate sorry, its my fault, i kinda confused everybody talking about shipwrecks but thats more for lore purposes.

You wont find these souls trapped in shipwrecks, but instead actual roaming skelly ships. Inside the prison cell of a skeleton galleon.

You must actually board hostile enemy skelly galleons and steal it from their ship. Sorry for the confusion.

The loot item is only stealable from physically taking it from the ship.
    You could either break the prison cell door and grab it or you could simply just break the prison door, let the ship sink and let it float to the surface. But if the prison cell door is intact it wont spawn to the surface, it will despawn (to simulate sinking with the ship).

• I love this idea hope it comes to life

• @daringclarky said in Rescue Lost Souls:

@galactic-geek said in Rescue Lost Souls:

You misunderstand me mate sorry, its my fault, i kinda confused everybody talking about shipwrecks but thats more for lore purposes.

You wont find these souls trapped in shipwrecks, but instead actual roaming skelly ships. Inside the prison cell of a skeleton galleon.

You must actually board hostile enemy skelly galleons and steal it from their ship. Sorry for the confusion.

You could either break the prison cell door and grab it or you could simply just break the prison door, let the ship sink and let it float to the surface. But if the prison cell door is intact it wont spawn to the surface, it will despawn (to simulate sinking with the ship).

@howling-death18 said in Rescue Lost Souls:

I love this idea hope it comes to life

I don't - it's not balanced in any way for solo sloopers. I would have to leave my ship at risk while it's being attacked by the very ship I'm trying to board? Why waste time letting my ship sink when I could just scuttle?

@daringclarky said in Rescue Lost Souls:

@galactic-geek said in Rescue Lost Souls:

@howling-death18 said in Rescue Lost Souls:

I love this idea hope it comes to life

I don't - it's not balanced in any way for solo sloopers. I would have to leave my ship at risk while it's being attacked by the very ship I'm trying to board? Why waste time letting my ship sink when I could just scuttle?

With all due respect, this game isn't built around solo play. It's the daring that carve out this playstyle.

Solo is hard mode. Pulling off feats such as this without a crew and any help, That's what makes it so appealing.

Speaking as a solo slooper myself it is pretty easy to board the ship.
    If you full lock one way and then the other when gally is close your sloop can latch onto a Galleon for around 5 minutes around 70% of the time. It usually provides you a bit of a rest from the Galleons cannons too when you have been exchanging fire.

Boarding and getting away alive is easy to pull off as a solo so I don't agree with your pov galactic sorry.

• @daringclarky Full lock one way and then the other? What do you mean? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I get the fist, but could you please clarify.

I don't - it's not balanced in any way for solo sloopers.

Vaults aren't either. You can't get all the loot as a solo player. Same situation here.

@daringclarky Full lock one way and then the other? What do you mean? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, I get the fist, but could you please clarify.

With sails fully down, you full left turn or right turn as far as you can go and leave it there you will end up in a situation where your sloop will be travelling in a big turning circle.
    In this position you can fire at them and repair with relative ease.

However the skeleton galleons love to show off and sail in ways we cant so they will scramble to match you. They will always cross paths and be near...eventually. Sometimes takes a few minutes. You will see them accelerating at a sometimes alarming rate or turning at an insane rate to get close to broadside you.

When the time is right, turn the opposite way so you smash right into them or just get close in general.

Because they mimic your moves, you likely find yourself in a position where you are alongside them and your ship stays attached for a long time.

Doesnt always work mind and sometimes it works just turning in a circle and doing nothing else, but it works often enough where i could easily replicate this situation. Its a little more unpredictable if there are islands or rocks nearby so bear that in mind.

Full turning circle technique is how i solo brigantined a fleet but i realized its so much more effective in a sloop.

If you havent tried the turning circle you are in for a treat, it really lets you focus on repairing and fighting instead of steering. Its like having a second crewmate.

Sloop is now my favourite ship again due to having great succcess using this.

There is probably better ways to do what ive done of course, but it works well enough for me :)

Views
1 out of 10