Make Pirate Legend worth the grind

• I have an idea that may get the pirate legend grind real again, what if we added a chest or device that you get from an athena or pirate legend quest that allows you to use it once or you can sell it like the flaming skull but this device pings the entire map and shows you where all the players are for a few seconds, but the player that used the ping shows up like a reapers mark for a few seconds longer.

The other idea I have is smoke canon balls to lose ships chasing you or blind the person you chasing.

Views
  • @reebrum doing something like that for reapers, I'd say ok...but for PL/athena?

Anyway that won't be a good reason to get PL

• I'm generally against radar type systems even with Reapers other than reaper chests which is just a fun little side game. I don't even like the little emissary board thing

How does that make it a real grind again? People already are always looking out for athena emissaries and it would actually just make athena voyages a lot easier

and PL takes hardly any time anyway. It's the least grindy thing in the game

• errr no? That's broken. Pirate legend is nowhere near worth the grind but that wouldn't fix it. Just another broken, unbalanced game mechanic to boost reapers. 👎

• @woodedskate89 said in Make Pirate Legend worth the grind:

errr no? That's broken. Pirate legend is nowhere near worth the grind but that wouldn't fix it. Just another broken, unbalanced game mechanic to boost reapers. 👎

That seemed negative!

I've recently got PL and I'm so excited about it. It's like a different game! The NPC's now whistle we shall sail together, flameheart makes fun of me for being pirate legend, and I can occasionally hear an audio file playing while sailing of we shall sail together that I haven't figured out yet.

I spawned in on an open crew and one of the players immediately said "Ah, the mythical Pirate Legend."

I put on my athena's sails and ship skins and literally had 3 ships in a row scuttle and leave their treasure in the water as I was chasing them. Being Pirate Legend struck fear into their hearts!

Pirate Legends are awesome.

Views
4 out of 5