Hall of Fame. More like hall of Lame.

• Rare need to take a long hard look at this event.
    It’s clear to absolutely everyone that the only people who will get near the top spot are the people that play in Alliance servers with no threat whatsoever by exploiting the matchmaking.

“Hall of fame” hahaha. Winner should hang their head in shame.

Views
  • @pabio-escobar

Sadly though... there can only be one winner... so everyone else in the Alliance server is just shooting themselves in the foot?

Or are these people using bots?

• @pabio-escobar Its more going to be the people who have enough friends to play all day for 2 days.

• @musicmee
    They can all go for the top spot, easy to do when no one is attacking you.
    Yes only one makes it there, but it’s a certainty it will be from a stupid server alliance with no one contesting them for the duration.

• I recall a couple of months ago, there was 4-5 players who were at the top of a majority of the leaderboards with 25-30 million within the first 2 days of that month. They also had bot-style names, with random characters all similar to each other.

Wonder if we will see them in the hundreds of millions with this event :?

• I died 😂

• This happens in any leaderboard in any game on any device. There is always one that has a billion more score than anyone else. If the score of #1 is way higher it should be ignored or include the first obvious sensible score.

• @musicmee said in Hall of Fame. More like hall of Lame.:

@pabio-escobar

Sadly though... there can only be one winner... so everyone else in the Alliance server is just shooting themselves in the foot?

OT: you got promotion mate? I think I can recall you were Mod, but now... my my... Congrats mate!

• @greengrimz Hmmm you like my new badge? :D It just happened so not sure anything official has happend or it's just a bug.

So shhhhhh

• @musicmee

Bugs? In this here forum? Naaawwwwwww...

Gotcha, Ima be as silent as a dead Megg!!

• @pabio-escobar

Im doubting this is Rare's doing. This is more like a Microsoft xbox event in which SoT partakes.
    Rare develops SoT but microsoft kinda calls the shots. Not about the in-game that is up 2 Rare. But these kinda events u cannot blame Rare for it.

My 2 doubloons on teh matter.

• yes this is part of Xbox's Hall of Fame event.

• You can take alliances out and you'll still have the people that game efficiently like 22 hours a day and have nothing else to do. And during events like this people take shifts on the same account and all that strategic jazz too. I don't really have a problem with it. They are willing to do what it takes so they've earned it provided they aren't using cheats.

• @musicmee said:

so everyone else in the Alliance server is just shooting themselves in the foot?

Yes. Remember how the first PL became the first PL?

I have been in alliance servers where maxed out legends give away all the loot on their 5 hour grind to one boat. My best friend used to set up servers that did just this during her covidcation.

Ayy, your words, not mine. 😂

• I'm already in my own personal hall of fame. 😅

Most prolific pirate poster. 🏆

• Get over yourself lol it’s the streamers who will take the top spots.

Also, feel free to check out this link.

• @pabio-escobar said in Hall of Fame. More like hall of Lame.:

Rare need to take a long hard look at this event.
    It’s clear to absolutely everyone that the only people who will get near the top spot are the people that play in Alliance servers with no threat whatsoever by exploiting the matchmaking.

“Hall of fame” hahaha. Winner should hang their head in shame.

I'll honestly be very surprised if someone manages to get top spot without alliance servers and pure solo only (and legit as well).

• Hall of Fame where you spend gaming for 20 hours a day for 3 days in a row in an alliance server where people give their loot to you, so you can cash it in. That's exactly how it happened and that's why I don't bother with these contests at all. Just let it go, let some no-lifers win an Xbox and congrats them, because they did it. just don't bother trying yourself ;)

• I just got an email from xbox other day congratulating me for being in the top 10 percent of their gaming hall of fame. Realized I need to go out more, too bad I had this realization during a pandemic.

• @agent-samuraii

Everything that became bad about this game was tied to streamers and the attempts to appease them.
    The sooner they all leave the better the game will be once again.

Rare wasted enough time and resources pandering to their needs for the last 18 months for the sake of a few thousand viewers daily. Completely pointless in my opinion.
    Create content for people to play not for non players to watch.

• Does anyone know if this event was open to console players only or was PC players eligible aswell?

• @beast9424 Ahoy matey!

I believe it was open to all...

• @musicmee Thanks for the reply mate!

Views
1 out of 23