Economy Reset

• The economy in Sea of Thieves is ridiculous, especially for those of us who have been playing for any substantial length of time.

Currently, I own every cosmetic that I can buy and I have over 10 million gold… and I am the poorest of the players I sail with on a regular basis. When new cosmetics are released, I just go buy them and it is quite meaningless because I don’t even notice how much they cost. It basically ruins the excitement. I remember back when I first started playing, the feeling of seeing a cool cosmetic and having to actually go out and get the gold and save up so I could buy it.

There have been different suggestions about possible “gold sinks” but so far nothing has been implemented as a recurring expense. Also, I think we are now past the point where any gold sink would have the desired effect of keeping the economy in balance.

As a possible alternative, what about a special cosmetic set (ships, clothing, weapons, etc.) that you could buy, but it would cost all your gold? In order for it to work, it would have to be a time limited set. It could be even more effective if this was done annually, perhaps every anniversary update.

It wouldn’t matter if you had 1 gold or 100 million gold, it would cost all your gold. So anyone could buy it and it would basically reset the economy for the year.

What do you think?

Views
1 out of 1