Attacks going through block?

• Today I had a long boarding fight between two brigs. We end up being spawn camped so we have people spamming sword swings at us as soon as we spawn. I put up block and it works on the first attack but goes right through for the second and third attack. It happened the same way several other times where I am blocking the first and maybe even the second but there are always attacks going through even though I am facing them and blocking when they attack. I went to the forums and youtube sword tutorials to see what I was missing with no luck. Unsure if its a bug or if I am missing something intended.

Views
  • Add to this the lag some of us get and you're left with an absolutely unplayable game. Those people who say there should be no PVE servers are always the ones with a good stable and reliable connection(they're the only ones out there killing each other and think it's fun/best connection always wins). I cant even count how many times I've literally just turned the game off because I couldn't move after respawning without going straight back to the Ferry of the Damned while another group of people literally take over my ship and refuse to let me respawn. I gave up on the game for quite a while because of it.

• @thehivefleet
    There is a discussion about this here that you might be interested in:
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/125589/reliable-blocking

• @taoists said in Attacks going through block?:

Add to this the lag some of us get and you're left with an absolutely unplayable game. Those people who say there should be no PVE servers are always the ones with a good stable and reliable connection(they're the only ones out there killing each other and think it's fun/best connection always wins).

Nope, plenty of people play on questionable connections and still don't think PVE servers should exist. These issues have nothing to do with each other.

• @little-squash Thanks man. Will dive in a bit later. Love the profile pic btw. The pirates that don't do anything. :P

• After a hefty argument in the linked thread, I'm trying to run experiments to determine validity and cause, but am finding it quite difficult. Every pirate I have encountered thus far wants to shoot or sink me instead. 🙄

Views
1 out of 6