Emissary rewards

• Aren't there supposed to be new rewards for the emissary leaderboards this month?

Views
  • No, they’re always the same.

• @illbushido305 sagte in Emissary rewards:

No, they’re always the same.

Just was wondering if I missed some reward update...so still the same

• @illbushido305 They said they were gonna update them in 6 months. Today we started the 6th month of emissary leaderboards.

If they were to keep the exact same rewards forever, most people would just stop playing for leaderboard positions and even Emissaries in general.

Most players got millions of gold already, so the same incentive of voting up an emissary flag is not there anymore, or at least it's not the same as in the first month or two when players represented emissaries to obtain the cosmetic rewards = sails.

Others have kept grinding for top 25% leaderboard for the last 5 months to unlock the Xbox achievements.

So in case you don't need more gold, are already done with most commendations tied to emissaries and just completed the few xbox achievements related to emissaries, the only reason to vote up a flag left is because you want players to attack you to get your flag.

It's obvious that this emissary feature needs consistent updates as in rewarding players, so they keep doing it, to make every session more "alive" for everyone.

New players and players that still need that extra boost to get more gold will obviously keep doing emissaries. While most of the experienced players would just skip it.

• @kashmero where did they say they would update them in 6 months? also if thats the case. its only been ~5 months which means thr refresh would be next month.

• @kashmero I’ve been up to date will all information of this this game for over two years and never heard them mention they would update it in six months. If you could attach here where that was said I’d appreciate it.

• @kashmero said in Emissary rewards:

@illbushido305 They said they were gonna update them in 6 months. Today we started the 6th month of emissary leaderboards.

Never stated by Rare.

If they were to keep the exact same rewards forever, most people would just stop playing for leaderboard positions and even Emissaries in general.

Most people aren't maxing out the rep in each category every month.

Most players got millions of gold already, so the same incentive of voting up an emissary flag is not there anymore, or at least it's not the same as in the first month or two when players represented emissaries to obtain the cosmetic rewards = sails.

LOL, Most people do not in fact have "millions" of gold as you state. Only the most dedicated are in that position.

Others have kept grinding for top 25% leaderboard for the last 5 months to unlock the Xbox achievements.

So in case you don't need more gold, are already done with most commendations tied to emissaries and just completed the few xbox achievements related to emissaries, the only reason to vote up a flag left is because you want players to attack you to get your flag.

Again most people have not even earned all the seperate emissary sails to this date, much less maxed out for the achievement in all factions. Don't confuse the hard core like many of us with the general population Even dedicated players (such as myself) still have some of these left to unlock.

It's obvious that this emissary feature needs consistent updates as in rewarding players, so they keep doing it, to make every session more "alive" for everyone.

It also needs to allow EVERYONE the opportunity to earn what is available. Most do not burn through content as soon as it is released.

New players and players that still need that extra boost to get more gold will obviously keep doing emissaries. While most of the experienced players would just skip it.

• @kashmero I did every month now enough to get to top tier in every faction to get the achievement...I won't do much for emissary's now until we get new rewards...so you're right, many people will stop doing it or already did...

• @dlCHIEF58 I'll show ya how many players obtained the Tier 1 position last month(September).
    Reapers Bones = 56,998 players
    Gold Hoarder = 124,230 players
    Merchant = 47,020 players
    Order of Soul = 64,587 players
    Athena = 27,282 players

If you multiply these numbers with 5 you will get an indication of how many players that have obtained both Tier 1 and Tier 2 sails during the last 5 months.

Reapers Bones ≈ 285,000 players
    Gold Hoarder ≈ 621,000 players
    Merchant ≈ 235,000 players
    Order of Soul ≈ 333,000 players
    Athena ≈ 137,000 players

Some months it could've been more players, others it might have been less.

We'll end up with approximately 1,6 million players that have obtained AT LEAST one or more of the Tier 1 sails.

Average player count on Steam is around 10,000 players a day, just to put the number above into perspective.

So yeah, I'd say that most players have already got their top tier sails.

If Rare were following your logic of giving everyone time to complete everything, then they would never do time limited events and commendations.

The emissaries have been out for 5 months = 5 different factions to level up in time span of half a year/150 days. That's why I thought they were bringing out new rewards the 6th month.

People have had PLENTY of time to obtain these sails already. Following your logic, Rare is punishing their most loyal players that put the most time, effort and real money into their game to keep it alive.

• @illbushido305 I read it in the forums when people complained that there were no new rewards after the 1st month of leaderboards.

Not sure if it was a moderator or a very active person in these forums. But that person said that Rare had already stated that they were giving people time to obtain top tier on all 5 factions, which would be about 5-6 months.

• @kashmero well that is unfortunately not the case thus far.

Views
10 out of 11