Tall tale synch with world events

• Hey, I had a bad experience with tall tales twice in a row now. As we know most (if not all) of the tall tales set you on an adventure through multiple islands, solving riddles and whatnot. Yesterday I was doing a tall tale and the last island it sent me to (I don't remember which exact island it was) had Captain Flameheart and his ghost ships around it. Today the same thing happened at Crescent Island. In both of the cases I was pressed for time to finish the quests (I had to do things in the boring world) and I could not do it in time because of the ghost fleets.
    I believe it would be best to make the tall tales check which world events are active (more particularly on which islands) and set the next location you have to go to somewhere unaffected by such events.

Views
  • @jackswallow1389 with flameheart, if you park your ship safely out of the way, you can rowboat to the island and the ships will not attack you.

• @kommodoreyenser it's true but it still takes more time than normal and I don't always have the time to spare.

• @jackswallow1389

The seas bring bitter moments, just as they bring sweet ones to us matey! It's part of our adventure!

• You get checkpoints, if a world event is on just switch server. Or if, as you say, you are pressed for time, quit and come back when you can.

• @jackswallow1389 To follow up on what @Methetron-mkII has said, you can access your checkpoints from your quest table at any time you're not on a TT. You get 1 for each TT.

• @galactic-geek said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@jackswallow1389 To follow up on what @Methetron-mkII has said, you can access your checkpoints from your quest table at any time you're not on a TT. You get 1 for each TT.

This system gets abused so heavily by the way. I just don't know why Rare haven't taken any measures to counter it. That, and the pesky alliance speed farming.

• @greengrimz said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@galactic-geek said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@jackswallow1389 To follow up on what @Methetron-mkII has said, you can access your checkpoints from your quest table at any time you're not on a TT. You get 1 for each TT.

This system gets abused so heavily by the way. I just don't know why Rare haven't taken any measures to counter it. That, and the pesky alliance speed farming.

If they want to cheese the system for the purpose of checking off a box rather than actually experiencing the rich depth that is SoT lore, than that's their loss.

• @galactic-geek

Thing is, people do it once - for lore and experience. But the next 4 times simply abuse the system. End result? Gold curse aquired several times much faster. I've seen several people from my Discord doing it.

@galactic-geek

Thing is, people do it once - for lore and experience. But the next 4 times simply abuse the system. End result? Gold curse aquired several times much faster. I've seen several people from my Discord doing it.

Oh, I know how it works. Like I said, it's their loss. I would much rather help a new crew by teaching them the ropes during the TT during my repeat attempts and make new friends along the way. I'm not going to put myself or others into a position where we skip through and say, "is this it?" My crew will savor every moment.

If you think you know of a fix for this checkpoint exploit, then I'm all ears, as is Rare I'm sure.

• @galactic-geek said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@greengrimz said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@galactic-geek

Oh, I know how it works. Like I said, it's their loss. I would much rather help a new crew by teaching them the ropes during the TT during my repeat attempts and make new friends along the way. I'm not going to put myself or others into a position where we skip through and say, "is this it?" My crew will savor every moment.

If you think you know of a fix for this checkpoint exploit, then I'm all ears, as is Rare I'm sure.

Remove checkpoints. Do it or lose it.

@galactic-geek said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@greengrimz said in Tall tale synch with world events:

@galactic-geek

Remove checkpoints. Do it or lose it.

The question, I think is, which is the 2 of lesser evils:

Pirates complaining about being cheated out of their TT attempt.

-or-

Pirates complaining about other pirates cheating their TT completions.

• @galactic-geek

Well, given that checkpoints are still a fact, I would suggest the 2nd.

Views
1 out of 13