Chest Under Trees

• Apologies if this has been covered, I just spent about 30 minutes trying to dig my way through a tree to get to the chest (I assume) on the last clue for a Smugglers Bay quest. Is there a way to reset this quest so I can actually get to the chest? Does this kind of thing happen often? Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance.
    alt text

Views
  • @spoonlamp

I simply think you are at the wrong tree. You might need to re-evaluate the clue given, it sometimes can be in a single word to indicate a totally different spot on the island.

• @cotu42 Thanks for the response, you're probably right. It said the most NorthWest camp, from the fire, 9 paces East NE from the fire... couldn't find another camp with a for which was more NW but I'll have to back and double check. Pity the clue doesn't come with an unmarked map, but I guess that would be too easy!

• @spoonlamp Smuggler's bay is a frustrating island for gold hoarders, it might be on the beach on a different plateau or even in a nook or cave... over time you will start to recognize and learn the islands which will make your treasure hunting go more smoothly.

Views
3 out of 4