Game keeps running in background [Bug]

• Dear Reader,

I made this topic because I recently found out that Sea of Thieves (Windows Store Edition) Keeps running in the background while the game is closed. I think this is a serious bug because this does take CPU time And Network while it's closed.

Is there any way this can maybe be avoided / fully closed?
    Thanks for reading.

-SoupyPvP

Source:
    [Task Manager/App History]

Views
    questionwindows 10feedback
  • I have the same problem but in steam version. Im out from app completely and game still running.

• Hey there, mind raising a support ticket on our website so our team can try to help with this one? You can tag it as a Bug Report (Retail) when raising a request.

@luciferchuk you can do so too, so the team are aware of how many may be encountering this issue.

Cheers,
    Charity

• @soupypvp said in Game keeps running in background [Bug]:

Dear Reader,

I made this topic because I recently found out that Sea of Thieves (Windows Store Edition) Keeps running in the background while the game is closed. I think this is a serious bug because this does take CPU time And Network while it's closed.

Is there any way this can maybe be avoided / fully closed?
    Thanks for reading.

-SoupyPvP

Source:
    [Task Manager/App History]

Hold up, WHAT.

What's the name of the process? If that's the case it hangs like that, only way to stop it would be to crash it in the task manager until they fix it.

I'm so glad I hard shut down my computer every night.

• Im just now having this same issue. Now i cannot reopen SoT. Nor can i even end the task in task manager.

• As this thread was years old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
questionwindows 10feedback
1 out of 6