Advice for a Solo Reaper?

• So I'm mainly a solo sloop player and as of this month I've been working on my Reapers Emissary Ledger trying to get the sails.

I mostly want some advice on what is the best way to go about it?
    PVP is not my strongest feat (though I have been trying to improve).

Anyways, I want some advice in regards to both PVP and PVE, what might be the best strategy for a Solo Reaper, or perhaps don't bother with Solo Reaping and instead do a duo?

Views
  • @foxywiththemoxy
    I would reccomend using the Sea of Thieves discord, it has over 150,000 players, and there are constantly people trying to find other players to help them with voyages, tall tales, forts, etc.

As for reaper's bones, you will get way more reputation if you sell stolen loot rather than getting it yourself, so if you're trying to level up fast steal loot.

Link for discord: https://discord.gg/seaofthieves

• Ah me matey glad to see you have come to learn the fine art of reaping very good. But the skills, techniques and tatics are as vast as the sea.

I'm a lvl 75 reaper solo slooper myself and use a vast array of tools depending on the situation so i can't say any one particular is the best. Howerver my personal favorite is the fire boat tactic. Which i'll get more into later.

Frist to be a good solo reaper you will need to have a mastery of the basics of solo slooping. Using technique like anchor fodder and such will be of great importance.

Now for some advice.

For these tips the Rowboat and storage creates are your best freinds. Find the and hold on to them they are the most valuable tool to you. More then your own ship.

For PvE:

Skull forts and Burning Blade will be your priorites.

Why?

Skull forts allow you to gain a large amount of loot and rep with little to no risk. Allow me to explain. Frist don't start by putting up the reaper Flag instead sail around till you get a rowboat then park your ship an island over or inbetween some rocks close to the fort. Then rowboat to the fort and kill the boss but DON'T open the vualt. Once you do stock the rowboat with supplies and then take the key on the rowboat. Now you can row back to the ship and then go to an outpost raise the reaper flag and go back to collect the loot quickly. If there to many other ships hold to the key and simply wait for another active fort. This will also allow to obtain a strong hold keg that can be used for both def and off. Don't sell that.

Burning Blade: This is great for stocking the ship as well a practicing your ship combat. You can do the island stratgy as well as ith takes the loot a long time to despawn. It's a bit more risker but your priority should be getting the ghost cannoball create the waith shots make you extremly deadly to any ship.

For quick and safe rep you can do Merchant Cargo Runs. Now before you could sell cargo to the reapers to gain emmisarry rep but this has been recently patched but you can still gain rep by turning cargo to there rightful recipients. Dumb i know but it works.

PvP:

This is were your skills will shine. Earlier i mentioned the fire boat tatic. This is simply taking a rowboat with a keg. I think you can see where i'm going with this. It use to be done with the sloop itself by placing the keg at the front of the ship then ramming into the target then detinating the kegs. It has evolved alot since. Many slight varitations of this but you get the point. Ofcourse this works best with a mega keg from the fort and is best at sinking brigs. Just make sure to detonate the top deck in the middle or front of the boat.

Camping Reaper hideout itself a very common and obviuos strat don't have to explian much.

And finally baitting enermy ships. I can do about 3 pargaph on this so ill stop right here.

In short stealth and cunning are the skills you must master to become a solo reaper as speed and decisiveness are your biggest advantage.

• If I get a Reaper's Bounty, I run to the hideout, raise the flag and turn in as quickly as possible. Since they accept everything (I believe?) Just turn everything in there. Drop flag and go gather more loot without a flag. If you fly the emissary flag have a OoS quest. You get the most cash from OoS turn ins and (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong) your emissary will raise each time you kill a skelly captain.

Flying either of the Reaper's flags is a challenge and a bluff at the same time. Some will actively avoid you, others will hunt you.

• @enf0rcer
    I turned in 35 DR cargo to the reapers just two nights ago, and went from a fresh reaper emissary grade one to grade five. Unless it was changed yesterday, it still works.

@FoxyWithTheMoxy
    If you want to do some solo reaper in a pve fashion, but don't want the risk of running the flag. Go without the flag, and collect around 30 cargo to turn in once you're ready. If you put up the flag and turn in the cargo first, you will hit grade 5 and can finish turning in everything else at max grade.

• @enf0rcer said in Advice for a Solo Reaper?:

Ah me matey glad to see you have come to learn the fine art of reaping very good. But the skills, techniques and tatics are as vast as the sea.

I'm a lvl 75 reaper solo slooper myself and use a vast array of tools depending on the situation so i can't say any one particular is the best. Howerver my personal favorite is the fire boat tactic. Which i'll get more into later.

Frist to be a good solo reaper you will need to have a mastery of the basics of solo slooping. Using technique like anchor fodder and such will be of great importance.

Now for some advice.

For these tips the Rowboat and storage creates are your best freinds. Find the and hold on to them they are the most valuable tool to you. More then your own ship.

For PvE:

Skull forts and Burning Blade will be your priorites.

Why?

Skull forts allow you to gain a large amount of loot and rep with little to no risk. Allow me to explain. Frist don't start by putting up the reaper Flag instead sail around till you get a rowboat then park your ship an island over or inbetween some rocks close to the fort. Then rowboat to the fort and kill the boss but DON'T open the vualt. Once you do stock the rowboat with supplies and then take the key on the rowboat. Now you can row back to the ship and then go to an outpost raise the reaper flag and go back to collect the loot quickly. If there to many other ships hold to the key and simply wait for another active fort. This will also allow to obtain a strong hold keg that can be used for both def and off. Don't sell that.

Burning Blade: This is great for stocking the ship as well a practicing your ship combat. You can do the island stratgy as well as ith takes the loot a long time to despawn. It's a bit more risker but your priority should be getting the ghost cannoball create the waith shots make you extremly deadly to any ship.

For quick and safe rep you can do Merchant Cargo Runs. Now before you could sell cargo to the reapers to gain emmisarry rep but this has been recently patched but you can still gain rep by turning cargo to there rightful recipients. Dumb i know but it works.

PvP:

This is were your skills will shine. Earlier i mentioned the fire boat tatic. This is simply taking a rowboat with a keg. I think you can see where i'm going with this. It use to be done with the sloop itself by placing the keg at the front of the ship then ramming into the target then detinating the kegs. It has evolved alot since. Many slight varitations of this but you get the point. Ofcourse this works best with a mega keg from the fort and is best at sinking brigs. Just make sure to detonate the top deck in the middle or front of the boat.

Camping Reaper hideout itself a very common and obviuos strat don't have to explian much.

And finally baitting enermy ships. I can do about 3 pargaph on this so ill stop right here.

In short stealth and cunning are the skills you must master to become a solo reaper as speed and decisiveness are your biggest advantage.

Actually about that, you can still get Emissary rep through selling cargo crates to the Reapers.

Anyways, I think I may have came up with a strategy for this.

Basically purchase a lot of cargo runs and get them, do other stuff like forts and what not however, raise the emissary flag at the Reapers Hideout as I can just sell the crates to gain emissary rep, then sell the regular loot.

• @testakleze @FoxyWithTheMoxy

Thanks for the correction a belive it was just a glitch fo me why i wasn't reciving rep from cargo. Glad to hear it still works and i'm glade my advice helped you.

Althou if you want to learn more pvp skills you can always ask me.

• @enf0rcer said in Advice for a Solo Reaper?:

@testakleze @FoxyWithTheMoxy

Thanks for the correction a belive it was just a glitch fo me why i wasn't reciving rep from cargo. Glad to hear it still works and i'm glade my advice helped you.

Althou if you want to learn more pvp skills you can always ask me.

Just had a really productive day as a Reaper.

All PVE, shipswrecks, Skele ship, Kraken, found a Reapers Chest and Bounty Chest, Chest of Rage, got a Skele cap Chest, managed to get to Grade 4.
    And the funny thing is, not a single ship went after me, it was actually peaceful.

EDIT:
    Just had another productive session, again all PVE but this time with the Merchant method and got myself to Grade 5, found a Reapers Chest, battled a skeleship, looted shipwrecks. Getting much closer to Master Reaper.

Views
7 out of 8