Ashen treasures

• What is the best way to get ashen chest and keys? Is it worth it to buy one for gold and buy key for doubloons as today are bonus rewards for ashen chests?

Views
  • @jamstam4444 Probably still not a worthwhile investment unless you are trying to unlock commendations.

If I recall correctly, an Ashen chest is 65k gold or 50 doubloons and a key is 99 doubloons. A turned in chest is 5d, key 10d, tomes 10d.

Best case scenario is three tomes 10d+10d+10d plus the empty chest 5d = 35d times double would be 70d.

• The cheapest way to get ashen keys and chests is to circle islands and look for the Ashen key master and Ashen chest skeleton on the shores.

Fishing up keys is tough business, during the 300 ruby splashtail event, I fished up 2. You could also target skeleton ships for Ashen chests, but I've never seen them drop keys. You could take down a skull fort for a guaranteed chest and key.

• @gleaminx said in Ashen treasures:

@jamstam4444 Probably still not a worthwhile investment unless you are trying to unlock commendations.

If I recall correctly, an Ashen chest is 65k gold or 50 doubloons and a key is 99 doubloons. A turned in chest is 5d, key 10d, tomes 10d.

Best case scenario is three tomes 10d+10d+10d plus the empty chest 5d = 35d times double would be 70d.

I'm wrong, keys sell for 5d as well.

• @gleaminx i do like the commendations so i'm thinking about buying the chest or might just grind gold hoarder emissary and hope i find an ashen guardian on the way and try to fish the key.
    or as you've said in the second post try to find the key master. thanks for the info anyway

• @jamstam4444 I'd buy them up then. Tonight would be your best bang for the buck doing so.

Views
1 out of 6