Despawning Boats while in Arena

• I was just in an Arena match with my friend that i have been playing with for some time. We were playing the Duo Sloop, in the last match we had something very peculiar happen and i wanted to see if anyone else has seen this same thing. during the match the purple team secured the chest and went to turn it in as everyone else was distracted fighting each other. when we finished our scuffle we went to hunt purple as they were the score leaders. we were unable to located their boat for more then 5 minutes. constantly checking the map table their boat was not on the sea. I even checked outside the play zone, nothing in sight. as the purple team was still gaining points but how? They were on the turn in with their rowboat with some cannonballs getting points, which is no problem but what is concerning is how their boat was vanished for so long and nobody could damage it or sink it. What makes this even more perplexing is they never got sunk, but they did get a chest get it to turn in and still had their boat de-spawned for more then half the match. It finally showed up at the last minute of the match. After the match i noticed the "team" was a solo. So again where did his boat go for more then 10 minutes of the match? if a Developer could look into this i would appreciate it i can provide the players name. Some type of anti-cheat software added to the servers or game in general would be nice.

Views
  • Boats don't respawn until someone on the crew takes the mermaid. They likely scuttled at the outpost, before turn in, with all their supplies loaded in the rowboat to use from the outpost cannons. They likely respawned in the last minute because either they took the mermaid finally or else someone killed them on the outpost.

• @mcjunkpuncher it's a solid strategy, you cant sink them if they don't have a boat. In these cases the best bet is to go to the outpost and kill 1 of them. this will force their boat to spawn again. Leaving the boat shorthanded or clearing the ouport to turn in the next chest.

• This sounds like a legit strategy of something that needs to be fixed. if your boat goes down it should be brought back as normal not when you mermaid or die. ESPECIALLY in the arena!

Views
3 out of 4