Private paid server.

• @wagstr

1975 vintage person here.

You said it man, "Top up the water".. less salty.

And yeah the below the line is my thoughts to the world in general, not aimed at you.

• @theargonaut144

My dad tells me I watched Neil Armstrong take one small step for a man live whilst sat on his knee.. ;-)

• Nah, not fair, leveling up would be really easy and you wont be able to feel the anger you feel when that 1 solo guy that was hidden on your crows nest jumps down, slaughters your whole crew twice leaves for the outpost with all of your stuff.
    I suppose you're getting wrecked on daily basis so the game works just the way it should.

Solution? Get better, get smarter, be more careful, the seas are already 89% friendlier since launch cause of all of the casual friendly changes.

• @cotu42 not fair, it will be 1000% easier leveling up, grinding all of the commendations and getting the xbox achievements.

• @wehappywho said in Private paid server.:

@cotu42 not fair, it will be 1000% easier leveling up, grinding all of the commendations and getting the xbox achievements.

Private; means that they can do what they want. Will not carry over to the rest of the game.

You realize that on private servers they most likely could just click a button and be handed the titles, cosmetics, commendations, levels and everything right - that will help with content creation, event creations, etc. etc.? That is kind of the point of a private server: Be given administration rights? How vanilla or how modified they make it is up to the owner of that server?

For xbox commendations, don't know if they will be linked to private servers or not.

• @cotu42 my concern is the xbox achievements mostly if that's the case but I ain't sure you'll be able to have different pirates with different commendations and levels

• @wehappywho They already have different pirates and commendations, insider build does not use the same pirate as the one in the main game. That pirate is subject to a reset at any moment as well or hand outs like Legendary status based on the tests that they want to perform.

As far as I know the xbox achievements are also not tracked in the insider build either and is therefore a choice that they can make. The private servers will work in a similar fashion I believe, but instead of Rare being the administrator and deciding those hand outs in regard to levels, commendations, gold, etc. it will be the one that is paying for it.

• @selensmith .........no

• @cotu42 i completely agree with you on that if that's the case but I have seen people claiming that they should be able to progress via the private server and carry that progression to the rest of the servers, which seems totally unfair to me.

• I agree there should be zero progression from private servers to the official one.

Usually private servers are admin by the owner/host and very often there little difference from the official one other than its an invite-only thing, but the host can give rewards out however they wish.

The opportunities of privately run servers out weight the potential to fracture the player base.

• @selensmith only for you and your friends :)

• So private server are confirmed now...look at the recent threads! As been said, for creator crews and without any progression!

• @rowge-gaming loool

• @schwammlgott

Cue 4 million people joining the creator crew program.

• @schwammlgott said in Private paid server.:

So private server are confirmed now...look at the recent threads! As been said, for creator crews and without any progression!

Creator Crew partners* and affiliate alliance members at the start. Then it will be public

• @theargonaut144 sagte in Private paid server.:

@schwammlgott

Cue 4 million people joining the creator crew program.

Not me...not interested...also the ones who join and want PvE servers will be dissappointed and leave it real quickly...

• @eggamer13 sagte in Private paid server.:

@schwammlgott said in Private paid server.:

So private server are confirmed now...look at the recent threads! As been said, for creator crews and without any progression!

Creator Crew partners* and affiliate alliance members at the start. Then it will be public

Yeah...sure...I know, just want to inform the guys who didn't notice...I guess they can read

• You can read an article by Joe here in regards to Private/Custom Servers.

As there is also a thread for discussion of Custom servers here, please post your thoughts and feedback there.

I'll be dropping anchor here.

Thanks.

Views
52 out of 53