Selling loot on the run...?

• ( short ) Story time : I got a 3 men brig full of loot, with Athena lvl 3 emissary. while we were fighting a Skeleton galleon, a 2 man sloop with a lvl 4 Gold Hoarder emissary sink and loot us. Fast respawn, we found them, they were still picking up the loot from the sea. They ran, after 5 min of chasing they passed close to a outpost, after another 5 min of chasing we sunk them. Absolutely no loot, nothing of value in the water.
    How?
    This is the second time i came out empty handed after a chase. Is there a way to sell everything without me noticing?

Views
  • They could let the sloop sail past an outpost, jump off with some loot and come back. Rince and repeat.
    Or if they had a rowboat with all the loot they only would have to do it once.

Or the last option would be that they only got a small amount of the loot from the water and you chased them for nothing..

Better pay attention how many times they sail past an outpost! :)

Better luck next time! Happy sailing!

• @jumli7
    Judging from their description of events they only passed the outpost once, and I would assume they would have noticed a rowboat dropping out if they were chasing them from behind.

• @pinkscytheg Yes, I was just listing all the possible ways :) so there are no new ways to sell loot without noticing! :)

• @pinkscytheg sagte in Selling loot on the run...?:

@jumli7
    Judging from their description of events they only passed the outpost once, and I would assume they would have noticed a rowboat dropping out if they were chasing them from behind.

@MrDemyurg the rowboat trick works most of the time, sail around an island or rocks where they cannot see it properly and row in another direction with all the loot. did that solo already, they chased my sloop i could even see the sloop crashing and them sinking me, but i was already at the Outpost selling and watching them sinking an empty ship :)

• @mrdemyurg Sounds like they did a rowboat play. If you were far enough away, you may not have noticed them drop the rowboat, and then... while you were chasing the ship, one of their crew was turning in the loot at the outpost.

Sounds like you got outplayed.

• When they sunk us we had a boat, I honestly don't remember if they took it or not, they sailed past the outpost once. I think we lost sight of the 4 min out of the total chase. But they had to move the loot in the boat, we where behind them all the time, i think we could have notice...maybe?!... At what distance can you distinguish loot being moved in the boat? Once again i like to emphasise the fact that i don't remember if they had a boat.

• @mrdemyurg If the players aren't rendering in, you can't see them move loot. Sometimes, you can be close enough to see the boat clearly, but you can't see anything on it.

Views
7 out of 8