Steam - PC - Voice Chat (Prox Chat) does not work

• Used to play from windows store on old PC. Recently got a new computer and it came out on steam.

In game voice chat does not work for me. If I speak, I can see the proper green chat icon light up at the top right. I also watch others mouths move when they speak but I can hear no audio. I confirmed with several people.

I have done the following steps that I can remember;
    Set all xbox privacy settings to Allow and Everyone.
    I have set my windows+G microphone and headset to primary.
    In windows settings both playback and recording devices set as default and default communication device.
    In properties of playback and recording I have set default settings
    I have also disabled all other options so that only my Corsair Wireless Headset is enabled.

My headset microphone has been tested in windows by both listen to device and voice recorder.

I have reinstalled the game 3 times.
    Restarted windows
    Ran all windows updates
    Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.
    Re-seated the headset USB into 2 different ports, trying both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
    Ran a Repair and reset on all xbox windows apps.
    Using powershell reinstalled xbox apps.
    SFC /scannow

Windows Privacy settings; all xbox apps and games have permission to use my mic
    Windows Firewall; completely disabled
    No anti virus software installed

Restarted PC, Modem.
    Deleted all Xbl credentials from Windows Credential manager to re-login to my xbox account.
    Tried another headset using aux instead of USB

2 things I have NOT yet done;
    Reinstall windows from scratch (Not doing that)
    Tried on another user profile

I was hoping someone could shed some light maybe offer a solution that I have not yet tried?

Thanks

Views
  • Some people have issues where others don’t. I have similar issues. It works about 10% of the time and the other 90% I can’t hear anybody. My chat indicator is lighting up but players can’t hear me. SoT has had voice communication issues since launch. I will say that when I play on Xbox it works 99% of the time but on both windows 10 and steam it doesn’t. The days where I can hear people are awesome but I get frustrated when it doesn’t work. Text chat works fine but not as easy to communicate as voice chat. I suggest using a third party chat software such as discord to hear your crew at least.

• @captain-k1r4 idk about pc. But ive found the xbox audio is usually messed up due to party chat. As long as you load without being in a party chat i dont have issues.

If you cant hear them but all your stuff is working. Like all the other in game sounds work? It might be your friends. They could have some sort of privacy settings due to their xbox info. Have you tried comms with randoms on the server?

Views
2 out of 3