Xbox Controller + Keyboard

• I’m an Xbox player as I have never been able to get on with keyboard/mouse in any game, but I do find the Xbox Controller limited for key bindings etc, so out of curiosity I plugged a keyboard in to my Xbox and it let me use both the Xbox Controller and Keyboard together in game. Great I thought, except this isn’t remotely practical. But I then started thinking about those keyboard add-one that clip to the front of the Xbox Controller.
    So my question is, will such an add-on work the same way as a keyboard plugged in via USB, or does the fact it is attached to the Xbox Controller mean they game doesn’t recognise it as a keyboard and therefore be of no use for extra key bindings?

Views
  • If I am understanding this right, you're talking about the chatpad? I don't think it's possible for these to be bound in-game. They're literally only meant for social functions, such as typing easier than the onscreen keyboard.

• @jaynestown

So when you have the keyboard and controller plugged into your xbox do both work ingame? Or does the keyboard only work for typing in chat within the game? I always thought you had to get a special add-on to use a keyboard on xbox, or an xbox specific keyboard. Let me know if you figure out some sort of option because I bet a lot more folks would be interested in hearing how they can bind more actions to Buttons outside the controller.

Views
1 out of 3