Question on Parties of friends

• Have a question about the Crew size. I know max crew size is 4 on the biggest ship. But i have around 7-8 friends that all want to play together and wanted to know if we could make 2 separate crew's of 4 and play the game together with all 8 of us?

Views
  • @foundcrowd36485 not in the current game. You can attempt to buy or procure a boat from someone else on the server, but that is hit or miss and is completly up to them whether to help you out. There are things called alliance servers that try to take over all the boats to havea worry free game. In short there is no way to get 2 ships but to kind of game the system.

• @ronin20 i have friends that would come and help my question is can we group up in the game and have 2 separate crew of 4 searching for battles and all or is it random and the game tries to not pair people up like that?

• @foundcrowd36485 You can invite up to 4 of your friends on one ship. Then you would be put in a random server. There is no way that your other 3-4 friends can load up the game and join the same server on a different ship. Its possible they could end up in the same server but extremely unlikely. Only real way would be for your ship to sail around and see if another ship is willing to invite one of your friends to their ship and then leave. That friend can invit your other friends to that ship and vola, you have 2 ships. This is the way. There is no game system in place to make it easier.

Also, you can make a formal alluance between many ships and you would get a share of their loot automatically and see where they are on the map. Its pretty nice as long as you can trust the other ship.

• Comes down to luck to join the same server. (It’s possible as I’ve had friends sloop magically appear)

But yeah. You have to do some “Ship buying” of other players in your current server.

• Is there server Hosting in SOT atm or is that a feature that is not coming to the game at all?

Views
5 out of 6