Game crashes on Launch

• I am sorry if this isn't the place to post this, but I cannot find the section for help with this game.
    I haven't played this game since 2018, and just recently updated it.
    The game keeps crashing as soon as I launch the game. I have spent hours trying to figure out the reason and I can't figure this out.
    I have tried so many trouble shooting options, from disabling antivirus, to uninstall and reinstall.
    And when I spam the ENTER key as soon as it launches, I get this error.

"There is a missing or corrupt data file that is required for the game to run.
    Data File:.../…./Content/Paks/Core-88cb43b5-454f-4191-9cef-f5119bafe7c8-UWP64_P20.pak"

I also noticed that when I re-install the game, the download bar pauses at 28mb and after 10-15 mins, I get a notification that the game is ready, and same thing again.
    So, I am assuming my data is damaged and when I uninstall the game, its not uninstalling properly since there is no way the game would take 10 mins to reinstall and my HDD memory space doesn't change when I uninstall and reinstall it. Some help would be nice. Thank you fellow pirates!

Views
  • @shinlock91 Ok, I solved my own problem. So the problem was, the normal Uninstall wasn't actually removing the data of the game at all from my system.
    So I found the folder where the game was stored in.
    C: Program Files/WindowsApps/
    But the problem was the folder was not accessible due to some weird ownership, so I watched a video on "How to Access the WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10".
    After I got access, I went inside the WindowsApps Folder and scrolled down to find 3 Folders that had "SeaofThieves" name on them. It was listed as Microsoft.MicrosftSeaOfTheves or something like that. I deleted the folders. And after that, I was able to finally Download a Fresh Install of the game which was like 42GB and after it worked.

Hopefully this post will help anyone having this issue, I literally had a tough time finding support on this. Hope This helps anyone in the future.

Views
1 out of 2