A few tips for cargo runs.

• Plants are a hassle but if you want to keep them alive without thinking about them, Bucket 12 sea waters in the sloop. 12 is enough to fill it high enough to keep watered but small enough to scoop up all the water in just 1 bucket if you take damage.

You can sell cargo to reapers and still get merchant grade as a merchant emmisary. You seem to get less gold though (700 even tho grade 3 merch) However stack multiple cargo runs and deliver tons of loot at once.

Repeat the above but as a reaper emmisary and you get grade for reapers but still keep the multiplier for the gold. (1200ish instead of 700 as grade 3)

Anything else ive missed feel free ti chip in.

Ive never tested with devils roar.
    Just cant be bothered with the trek i guess.

Views
  • @daringclarky
    Good info- thanks for sharing!

• @daringclarky

DR cargo has its advantages. 3500 gold for pristine cargo at grade V is pretty nice. I think the best thing about the devil's roar is that doing voyages there usually limits travel time compared to the other seas. I noticed there are only 5 islands to travel to in the devils roar for cargo. The outpost, the two seaposts, and then fetcher's rest and ruby's fall. Because of this it likes to give you destinations just outside the devil's roar. There is a good chance you'll have to deliver to devil's ridge, ancient spire, krakens fall, and three paces east seapost. I would continually vote on cargo voyages stocking up until finally I was delivering on the same islands as I was collecting. Eventually each time I would sail to an island, I would likely be able to turn in some cargo while picking up more. Eventually I had 4 stacks of cargo built up going to the four islands outside the roar I mentioned. If I played it right, I bet I could have hit grade V emissary twice delivering to those four islands with as much as I had stored. If your grinding ledger or even just trying to rank up merchant, DR cargo is probably the most efficient, just probably not the most fun.

I had the idea of grinding DR cargo, earning grade V emissary and obtaining the emissary voyage multiple times over again, then once you have 4 or so emissary voyages, run them all together. Maybe you could get lucky and two of them will be collected on the same island or delivered to the same island. It's normal cargo pieces so it's half as valuable as the DR cargo but it's just over 3 times the amount of crates as a perfect cargo voyage with 8 pieces.

Maybe take it a step further and grind DR cargo stacking emissary voyages. Then after you're done with merchant, go collect all the 25 piece emissary voyages, take them to reaper's hideout and put up a reaper emissary flag before turning in 50/75/100 however many pieces you have. You would hit grade V emissary after around 30 or so cargo turned in and after that it's 1750 gold per piece.

• Really good idea thanks

Views
1 out of 4