How to sail in peace?

• I made a post a week ago similar to this, and if you've commented on that page, nothing's changed, I've tried arena, not a big fan.

I'm all in on attacking skeleton sloops, they're easy, and I can sink them in around 2 minutes, happy days! But I chose to attack them, I didn't choose to get attacked, sunk, and sunk again by extremely dangerous galleons. Is there any way I can stop that? I know I can run but most of the time I can't, they cannon onto my sloop, drop my anchor and I'm gone, unfair, especially when they call me trash.

I'm seriously considering joining a server takeover, just so I can play without a bother.

Thanks for reading this

Views
  • @extinctpanda453 said in How to sail in peace?:

I didn't choose to get attacked, sunk, and sunk again by extremely dangerous galleons.
    Is there any way I can stop that? I know I can run but most of the time I can't, they cannon onto my sloop, drop my anchor and I'm gone, unfair, especially when they call me trash.

Well pirates don't ask for permission to attack you. Its not unfair, just keep your distance from galleons and you will be fine. Try to get another person to sail with.

• The only people left on these forums are all against this and will gang up on you because it's a frequent request that they're annoyed by. They'll complain about duplicates even though the forum specifically prohibits necroing threads so the only way for new players to express their opinion is, you guessed it, creating a new thread on the same topic.

• @travis354 I can keep my distance, except when I'm on an island and then I see my ship on fire and a galleon beside it.

I have tried to get another player to sail with me, just I don't go well with randoms, and all my friends play Fortnite

• @extinctpanda453 The brig is significantly faster than the sloop and can be successfully sailed solo pretty easily.

• @waronpants2664 I'll try using a brigantine, cheers mate

all my friends play Fortnite

Well that is unfortunate

• @travis354 indeed

@waronpants2664 I'll try using a brigantine, cheers mate

I highly recommend you don't solo a brig, if you get attacked on that you will be overwhelmed with more holes and the sloop is faster against the wind which you can use to your advantage when your being chased.

• @travis354 I'm thinking of just fishing, I'm pretty good at that

• @extinctpanda453 I can't use the sloop anymore because of how miserably slow it is. The brig will not just help you outrun other crews, but you will be surprised by how much time you save just from normal play because the brig cuts your traversal time down by like 40%. One thing to be aware of is that if you get attacked by the kraken, you are pretty much guaranteed to sink because of how the encounter scaling works. Get a rowboat asap if you have loot.

• @waronpants2664 said in How to sail in peace?:

@extinctpanda453 I can't use the sloop anymore because of how miserably slow it is. The brig will not just help you outrun other crews, but you will be surprised by how much time you save just from normal play because the brig cuts your traversal time down by like 40%. One thing to be aware of is that if you get attacked by the kraken, you are pretty much guaranteed to sink because of how the encounter scaling works. Get a rowboat asap if you have loot.

The sloop is faster against the wind and your more likely to be against the wind than going with the wind.

• @travis354 The sloop is only fastest against the wind by like 5m/s over the brig(if you flatten the sails).

your more likely to be against the wind than going with the wind.

oh wow, wow. wow wow woo... how do you figure that?
    The brig has the fastest top speed of any ship and it does so with wind coming from the side(you have 2 sides btw).

@travis354 The sloop is only fastest against the wind by like 5m/s over the brig(if you flatten the sails).

our more likely to be against the wind than going with the wind.

oh wow... how do you figure that?
    The brig has the fastest top speed of any ship and it does so with wind coming from the side(you have 2 sides btw).

No it doesn't have the fastest top speed. The galleon is fastest with the wind and the sloop is fastest without the wind. The brig is somewhere in the middle.

• @travis354 You have no idea what you are talking about bucko. This has been thoroughly tested.

• I'll probably join a server takeover, or live off fishing

@travis354 You have no idea what you are talking about bucko. This has been thoroughly tested.

Are you a troll? The galleon is the FASTEST with the wind and the sloop is the FASTEST without its common knowledge

• @extinctpanda453 I strongly dont recommend you to sail solo on a brig its bad horrible idea you will lose, sloop is slow but its the fastest ship against the wind so force ships to chase you while you two are against the wind.
    Sometimes random crews are awful thats why there are ton of groups on discord and special xbox group where youll find cool minded people to play with.

• @faceyourdemon help me explain to this guy ^^^

I'll probably join a server takeover, or live off fishing

If you live off fishing you might as well uninstall imo. Joining a server takeover might be a good idea for you though. I've never used them so idk what they are like.

• @extinctpanda453 Learn to protect the ship and if you need tips you can add me and join my crew once for some tips, ill be glad to help you.

• @waronpants2664 guess so, I'll quit, this game isn't for everyone

• @travis354 About to solo brig?
    Lol yes good luck XD it is a death sentence but sometimes the only way that they would understand is go out there and get slaughtered.

@waronpants2664 guess so, I'll quit, this game isn't for everyone

You should try alliance server. It might be exactly what you're looking for?

• @faceyourdemon All I do is solo brig. Death sentence my *word...

• @waronpants2664 isn't that a server takeover? It's against the rules but I just want to be good

@waronpants2664 isn't that a server takeover? It's against the rules but I just want to be good

It's not against the rules. Devs have said they aren't fans, but they aren't actually gonna do anything about it.

• @waronpants2664 sweet

• @extinctpanda453 aaand it didn't work

• @extinctpanda453 you have to find a server takeover on a discord server. That's going to be your best bet.

@extinctpanda453 said in How to sail in peace?:

I'll probably join a server takeover, or live off fishing

If you live off fishing you might as well uninstall imo. Joining a server takeover might be a good idea for you though. I've never used them so idk what they are like.

Don't discourage the new player! They're asking for help and telling them that they should probably just uninstall is NOT helpful. It's unconstructive and does nothing but discourage the player and make them feel bad.

• @propheteyes6235 If you read the full thread I encouraged them to give it another shot. My recommendation to uninstall was if they were to the point that the only thing they would do in game is fish. At that point they would just be throwing away time and enjoyment that could be spent doing just about anything else.

• @extinctpanda453 I'm very new, I find it's tricky to learn the ropes and do quests in a hostile environment, but that's piracy for ya.. I myself suffer the most from hostile crew (setting fire to ship, being inactive, throwing loot overboard, you name it). I usually have to start the game about 5 - 10 times before I'm in a good crew.

I'd sail with you on a sloop, avoiding bad elements. Can't use a mic though (thats why I have trouble finding a good crew). I'm on xbox and usually active at late evenings GMT.

• Here is a video regarding solo sailing:

Here is an in depth look into sailing speeds:

And for actual tips to not come back to your ship burning... Keep an eye out or three, if a ship is parked by an island beside you, be very careful.

Alot of decent players really enjoy sinking new players for some reason...
    If you ever get bored, just sail around without a goal and observe the great game this game really is.
    And use most of your eyes...

@ExtinctPanda453
    If i ever see you out there in the seas, i'll be sure to say hi and give ye some of me shiny treasures! :)
    (That i may or may not have onboard)

Views
1 out of 34