Houdini Locations?

• So, I have been playing the game since the very first day it was dropped. As time went on and people began to get Pirate Legend, we started learning little tidbits here and there about the "Member's Only" area under the pubs, and supposed areas on the map where you can access the Athena area as well with your whole ship. There have been a few occasions where my crew and I have been chasing a ship, and all the sudden they straight up just disappear. On one occasion the ship I was chasing dropped all their loot they thought they were going to get to take with them. We have tracked ships in the distance then all of the sudden the ship just disappears into thin air. After a little while we will notice it has come back. These are not skeleton ships. They don't have lights on the masts, and some of them had no lights on at all. Is there really different areas on the map where you can 'teleport' to the pirate legend area other than through the staircase in the pub? If not, where are these ships going, and how are they just magically disappearing then re-appearing?

Views
  • I believe that the players just left the session and left the ship behind to sink.

• hey there, I know the question is not inherent in the topic, but someone would tell me for the ashes objects, and for the ashes skulls, if there is a precise place to sell them, because for example the skull of the ashen captain, the order of the souls of the outposts I only rate it 500 ... less than the trivial ones..

• @targasbr That can't be. As I said in the original post, the boats eventually just come back up out of nowhere with their crew still on it. I know the difference between a boat sinking and it just up and disappearing. We chased a boat once and they completely disappeared and all their treasure was just left bobbing in the ocean, then a few minutes later they came sailing right back at us about 100 yards from where they disappeared fully crewed. So they aren't leaving the server.

• @hirohito0301 at full render distance, sometimes the "popping" into and out of existence is actually the rendering of the long distance boat sprite.

• @hirohito0301 said in Houdini Locations?:

@targasbr That can't be. As I said in the original post, the boats eventually just come back up out of nowhere with their crew still on it. I know the difference between a boat sinking and it just up and disappearing. We chased a boat once and they completely disappeared and all their treasure was just left bobbing in the ocean, then a few minutes later they came sailing right back at us about 100 yards from where they disappeared fully crewed. So they aren't leaving the server.

I believe it is a problem in its rendering, because no ship disappears or appears out of nowhere.

• @captain-coel How does this explain us being about 50 yards from one though and it completely disappearing and all of it's loot being dropped where it disappeared then it coming back at us a few minutes later?

• @hirohito0301 That I have no idea, I would love to see a clip of that.

• @hirohito0301

There is one way I know if in which this can happen. Sail of into the Red Sea. If u save your ship long enough to not sink by holes and u sail far enough out into the Red Sea than a ship will just despawn. U Will see this as an instant disappear. Ofc a fresh ship will spawn just like if u would be sunk.

There is actually one more way of achieving this. Get your ship stuck on an island or in between rocks. If the ship is stuck for enough minutes it will automatically despawn and show as an instant disappear. Again to be a fresh spawn somewhere on the map.

If this was the case which I don’t think so, u would have noticed.
    Example 1: u will be in the Red Sea which u didn’t mention.
    Example 2: it doesn’t happen in an instant, it takes minutes before it happens. U would all ready be on top of them.

Views
1 out of 9