DCOM error when trying to launch game

• When attempting to start sea of thieves, the splash screen pops up then closes, and a DCOM error ( Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.91.3398.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!AthenaClientShipping as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2147942405")
    I've tried every suggested solution on the forums, including uninstalling & reinstalling the game, installing an app from the windows store, running wsrefresh, all of it, nothing works.
    I could really use some help here.
    Thanks.

Views
  • Not sure if it will work but i remember when game launched people having a similar issue ,try downloading another app in microsoft store and then try opening sea of thieves. ( i assume you checked windows updates that can cause issues also )

• @frankzappa-fan Yes, I've done both. Fully up to date and tried installing several different apps with no luck. It worked when this happened the first time, but not this time.

• Format C:

• @satanicnemesis That isn't an option for me, I have too much stuff that I need on my C drive to just get rid of it all.

• Hello, I have the same problem since last game update

• Unfortunately I can't provide a solution, I just wanted to chime in and show you my thread which seems to be the same problem: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/113969/error-couldn-t-start-a-dcom-server-game-doesn-t-start

I've written down what I already tried.

By the way, if you try to start Sea of Thieves again after it crashed, does it show the splash screen again? In my case, it doesn't. Just want to know to find out whether we're experiencing the same problem. In any case the error codes seem to be the same at least.

Views
6 out of 7