InputBeard

• So as a PC player who uses an Xbox Controller I've been trying to connect to some friends who are on Xbox, I keep on getting an ImputBeard but I do not see the option for "Matchmaking Preferences" That the games keeps telling me to check.

Can anybody help me out?

Views
  • @chocolatenukkat controller only servers are limited to xbox consoles only. They will have to join the open servers to play with you regardless of input.

If you played on a xbox using that setting you will have to make sure it is off before you can play on your PC.

• So what you're saying is the Xbox Consoles have a server of their own that they can join in away from the PC players. My friends are very upset about this and are annoyed as I am that I am unable to join just because I'm a PC player.

• @chocolatenukkat ecactly, just tell your friends to start a cross-play server next time

• @chocolatenukkat The Opt-Out preference is for those playing on console and using a controller who wish to play only with others using a console and controller.

Everyone else will sail the Sea's with all other players.

As mentioned, if you want to play with your friends that have opted out you would need to use an Xbox and a controller or have them join you in the main matchmaking pool by turning off the opt-out preference.

• @chocolatenukkat Ahoy matey!

This sounds like your friends have connected to Xbox only servers and you are unable to connect to them because you are on PC. Try checking that your friends' matchmaking allows them to sail with All Players.

Views
1 out of 6