Query of lag on servers...

• I have this problem with only Sea of Thieves, and it's more prominent in Arena. What is the cause of infuriating lag in the game? I have a video uploaded to my YouTube account displaying the lag I experience in the game. It makes the game unplayable. Games like Rainbow Six: Siege, which is a game heavily reliant on reaction speed, give me a ping range of 17-34. Sea of Thieves gives me a ping of 170-250. Not so uncommon in 20 second intervals, it will spike to 350, 620, etc., for a few seconds. From my perspective, everything, including myself, the ship I'm on, the waves, etc., stutter and teleport around. What is the cause of this, and what can I do to improve the gameplay? It's not my internet connection or PC, since I'm able to run many other games with moderately high graphics and receive a connection ping under 30, which leaves me infuriatingly confused. I have no idea how to correct this. I've sent a "Request" regarding this issue, but I have yet to receive a response, disregarding the response indicating that it's been sent to a team. Any ideas?

Views
1 out of 1