Controller controls

• Hey there, I am a PC player, today I've bought the Xbox One gamepad, because it seems like it could work better with my 20 FPS laptop at work - it's great for fishing! My issue is that the last time I used the controller it was ages ago with the Xbox 360 so I have pretty much no preference when it comes to keybinding. Could you give me few tips on how to use the controller and how to rebind the actions for better expereince in SoT? Thanks in advance.

Views
  • @archaell three buttons have no function, D-pad left and right, and the right Stick-click...I have on the right stick food, on the left the lantern and the spyglass on the right...
    Binding food is maybe the most important...any other is up to you...my ex-gf had planks and bucket on the D-pad

• @schwammlgott Thanks! I had no idea the sticks can click, which solved the mystery of sprinting. The pirate chat and emotes are not important, will be playing solo with the controller anyways, so it might be good idea to rebind something more useful to these as well.

• @archaell if you don't need them, sure...
    A friend of mine also changed "A" and "RB" so he can jump while aiming...

• I tend to use the controller as a default in most things. The only things I change are the option of being able to press the button instead of holding for an action, and I place on the left/right arrow the firebomb and the text chat, respectively.

• Mine is default other than food on right stick, Rb for jump is a thing I tried but preferred A for some reason.. think I'm too used to it now to change it.

• So far I have set the food for the right stick, fireboms for left D, lantern for right D, fishing rod for down D - fishing is most likely the best activity for me while using the laptop. I still have the keyboard in front of me so certain activities like the pirate chat can be bound to the keyboard instead of relying entirely on the controller.

One disappointing thing is the lack of modifiers. I hoped that it would be possible to press a combination of buttons to equip an item. For example "RB+Y" to equip the firebombs while keeping the basic "Y" free for weapon change. That would have helped a lot with space.

• I have rebind the left d pad for fruit and right d pad for firebombs, as both of these being handy during combat is key.

Views
7 out of 8